PDA

View Full Version : Reality shows suck!

scobi1
12/09/2003, 09:10 AM
Average Joe,Survivor, The Bachelor, The Bachelorett - give me a break its all bollox!

kevlouie
12/09/2003, 09:22 AM
Amen brother. Only one I ever watched was some show where buxom chicks in bikinis were walking across a beam over water gettting squirted in the crotch with water, very hi-brow stuff. Got bored after 8.25 minutes. I'd rather watch Kathy Lee Gifford infomercials.

joeychitwood
12/09/2003, 10:15 AM
Makes you pine for the good old days of Flow-Bee infomercials, doesn't it.

dc
12/09/2003, 10:17 AM
LOL, I'm offended to have to watch the previews!!! Hey Joey I bought my son a Flow be. He uses it all the time.:D

toddpolish
12/09/2003, 10:46 AM
most people who make fun of reality shows never even watch them.

dc
12/09/2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by toddpolish
most people who make fun of reality shows never even watch them.

Of course we don't, because they're stupid!!:lol: Do you really think people would act like some of them if the cameras weren't rolling? BTW I have force myself to sit through a couple, which only confirmed my first impression.

kevlouie
12/09/2003, 11:04 AM
Yeah some people actually have a reality. J/K There is nothing more real than Paris Hilton shoving her arm up a cow's hoo hoo now is there? (I only saw that 38 times on commercials) We had 8 cows on our farm when I was a kid, and I'm pretty sure it was never necessary to do that. And the flicker didn't work fast enough when that sissy little bachelor dude was on.

GuidoSarduchi
12/09/2003, 11:06 AM
My wife really likes the reality shows... I can't really stand them. I keep seeing previews for the new reality shows. Bleah. When will the madness stop???

toddpolish
12/09/2003, 11:18 AM
I think it depends on the show. But you have to actually watch it to form an opinion on it. Funny how people see commercials and say they hate a show...hey, we all do it...I know. I refuse to watch Malcolm in the Middle cause of the previews for it...it annoys me to no end. But, I don't say the show sucks.

I get aggravated at The Real World. Sometimes I can watch it, sometimes I can't. I've watched 2 survivor shows though I've gotten burnt out by it and will not watch it again. Average Joe has to be the best of them all though. Although Temptation Island was pretty damn good too.

Agu
12/09/2003, 11:58 AM
I think Survivor should go with special interest groups of people...

Survivor, The Pro Athletes...... Winner gets a beer endorsement contract.

Survivor, The homeless..... put 24 voluntarily homeless people on the island and see if they complain.

Survivor, The homicidal Maniacs........... 24 death row inmates...the last one "alive" gets his/her sentence commuted to life without parole.

This last one might get too violent for TV,

Survivor.... The parents of Elementary school Athletes ;)

Agu

dc
12/09/2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Agu
I think Survivor should go with special interest groups of people...

Survivor, The Pro Athletes...... Winner gets a beer endorsement contract.

Survivor, The homeless..... put 24 voluntarily homeless people on the island and see if they complain.

Survivor, The homicidal Maniacs........... 24 death row inmates...the last one "alive" gets his/her sentence commuted to life without parole.

This last one might get too violent for TV,

Survivor.... The parents of Elementary school Athletes ;)

Agu

ROTFLMAO!!! I might even watch those!:D

daclozer
12/09/2003, 01:59 PM
Is COPS considered a reality show??? All the rest a are garbage in my opinion..

madmikey
12/09/2003, 02:21 PM
We had 8 cows on our farm when I was a kid, and I'm pretty sure it was never necessary to do that.

To inseminate cows, and arm must be pushed up teh rectum to push out the reproductive organsa of the cow. Unfortunately having rich people do it just mocks the real people who get paid ****ty amounts of money and live like this all the time.

drtherc
12/09/2003, 02:41 PM
I've been watching Survivor since the first one. It's not bad. I tried to watch Temptation Island, until they kicked the best looking girls off. None of the 'reality' date/hookup/marry me shows excite me, at least until 'Average Joe'. Only because the girl was very good looking, and the original cast wasn't. The new Average Joe looks like a hoot! What I'd like to see is one where they have 25 hunky guys and one ugly girl. The guys get to choose if they want to stay there. This show would last a maximum of one two-hour episode.

kevlouie
12/09/2003, 02:44 PM
I hear you Mikey, it was kinda a slap in the face. We had a bull that took care out that bizness. My point was I did not think that was common on a small family farm. She should stick to home movies. :D

JOHNNYHO
12/09/2003, 02:47 PM
did anybody see paridise hotel, who won and what was the prize? i dont really like reality shows but i was keeping up on this one and i really want to know who won, thx

john

daclozer
12/09/2003, 02:49 PM
I don't think it mocks the farmers, I think it makes Paris and her cohort look like the brainless idiots they are. Maybe Paris will walk away from the whole experience with a dose of reality (pardon the pun). I deal with people that make obscene amounts of money on a regular basis, and I honestly think that some of them block out the fact (or just don't give a crap) that there are people in this world that live week to week and barely make enough money to have a decent life. The owners of the company that I work for inherited millions of dollars, so they have never ever had to worry about money. They are the biggest theifs I have ever seen... Steal from their employess, steal from their customerss... they don't care... They spent like 100 grand on their daughters' wedding and honeymoon like it was nothing.. And it is like pulling teeth to get them to spend a buck on something that will make my job easier.. It is absurd..

scobi1
12/09/2003, 03:10 PM
Maybe if they take their inheritance of them that would be a real dose of reality, I`m not being all jealouse or anything I mean I`d love to have that level of confort myself who would`nt , but come on, get a friggin clue lads.

NTidd
12/10/2003, 09:38 AM
These reality shows seem about as real as reno911, anyway they all are stupid except cops if it qualifies. A bunch of confused 30y old women that are losers and a bunch of idiotic men.

daclozer
12/10/2003, 11:40 AM
Did anybody watch ole paris and nicole last night?? I think paris is the smarter of the two, but nicole is a total friggin bimbo. She goes out of her way , at the expense of looking like a total bimbo idiot, to get attention.. and what a ****, she was maiking out with several guys at the bar.. I fell into the trap of watching it just to see what it was about. I feel dumber having watched it and I feel soory for the family that took them in.. Except for the fact I am sure the family was paid well for doing it.

karm40
12/10/2003, 11:50 AM
I'd watch if they shoved more than just her arm up the cows ***! These reality shows just help with the dumbing down of the planet.
m

NTidd
12/10/2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by karm40
These reality shows just help with the dumbing down of the planet.
m

Hehe, agreed, a lot of viewers match up with the iq's of the people on these shows I'm sure.

CrystalAZ
12/10/2003, 04:52 PM
I like these shows (and I have a high IQ :D).

To me, they are just mindless entertainment. If I have a stressful day, I can turn on "Average Joe" or "Survivor" (or The Price is Right, although it's a different kind of reality show :)) and just veg out for a while and relax.

My husband hates them, other than Survivor, which he watches with me every week.

Crystal

blue agua
12/10/2003, 05:03 PM
Everyone has there own opinion.I hate baseball, its boring. I like survivor, I like watching it with my wife. The others can go away.

chewie
12/10/2003, 05:10 PM
The ONLY reality show I will watch is............

Surviving Nugent

That show was freakin HILARIOUS!!!

LONG LIVE THE NUGE!

NTidd
12/10/2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by CrystalAZ
I like these shows (and I have a high IQ :D).

To me, they are just mindless entertainment. If I have a stressful day, I can turn on "Average Joe" or "Survivor" (or The Price is Right, although it's a different kind of reality show :)) and just veg out for a while and relax.

My husband hates them, other than Survivor, which he watches with me every week.

Crystal

Yes, I on occasion like to veg out, but I can find something better to watch usually, about the closest I get to a reality show is Reno911 if that counts.

Alberio
12/10/2003, 10:44 PM
All the reality shows suck except MXC! Is MXC a reality show. I'm sure those people are really busting there heads.

Now let's go to Guy LaDouche!

Agent Powder Tang
12/11/2003, 09:33 AM
Yeah, they suck! Is Fear Factor reality show? :confused: I hope not, I like that one. Joe Roggan is funny guy. Oh and Elimidate is good one too. I like listening to trashy girls talking trashy to each other when I'm on the computer. If there hot, I'll watch. :lol: