PDA

View Full Version : EEwwww

wee-reefer
12/04/2003, 04:14 PM
I have to go wrap DEER meat. YUCkY! Deer season sucks!

BrianD
12/04/2003, 04:48 PM
Think how the deer feels.

grostanzo
12/04/2003, 04:51 PM
:( ? You'll probably get lots of offers for people who will take it off your hands!!!!

skeletor121
12/04/2003, 05:22 PM
I'll take some if you want!!! I love that stuff.

Q-ball
12/04/2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by BrianD
Think how the deer feels.

Heh, I'd imagine it's not feeling much of anything any longer:p I gotta admit, venison is among the best choices of meat for my chili...

Q!!!

frank2926
12/04/2003, 10:22 PM
I love how hunting season is right near christmass. I want to see the kid who watches Rudolph the rednose raindeer and then goes out back to see him gutted and hanging from the garage.

zooqi
12/05/2003, 04:10 AM
I'm doing that on Saturday and looking forward for it. I'm buying a freezer just for that because my wife is a bambi fan.

sammystingray
12/05/2003, 04:18 AM
If the guy killed it, he can clean it and pack it up as well, that goes for fish as well......doesn't make sense that a guy would hunt, have the fun, and like some 50s sitcom, the girl does the rest??:D

grostanzo
12/05/2003, 05:49 AM
I have to be honest here. I love deer! I guess I understand the need to hunt or cull but, I personally could never shoot one. We have had many fawns that have been brought in to the hospital I work at because either they were orphaned or from broken legs. By the way, we did pin the leg and the deer eventually went on to live a happy life. I hope! If, my BF hunted deer (he does hunt rabbit with hawks) he would have to clean and package himself.

sammystingray
12/05/2003, 06:02 AM
grostanzo, when I was younger and much angrier, I could have, but the last time I went deer hunting was years ago, I would rather just watch them instead of blow their head off.:D Sure I hate people, but I love animals, and I look at a deer and want to hug him and pet him. I do eat meat, and I could kill it if I had to without guilt, but I am glad I don't have to. :) I am not a big fan of deer meat either, it's too tough, and everyone tells me it just wasn't "prepared right"......who knows. I did have some deer jerky at work that was pretty freakin' good.

grostanzo
12/05/2003, 06:16 AM
I had deer meat once when I was around 10. It was made into a sloppy Joe. Did not know I was eating it till I finished. My sister then informed me what it was. I don't even try it only for the fact that I love them. I have heard some like it and others say it's nasty. I will never find out myself unless, tricked into it. I have a feeling I would be able to tell the difference between deer and filet mignion (my fav cut of beef). Thank God for stores too cause, if I had to kill to get meat, I would probably starve!

I have two friends that we have given deer to in PA. One was an orphaned buck, the other a female thats rear leg was so mangled from trying to jump over a fence that we had to amputate it. The two are living a great life together on a farm. They only separate the two during ruting (sp)? to protect the female. I have to agree, I tend to like animals more than people too. That's why I'm a Vet Tech and not a receptionist! :)

wee-reefer
12/05/2003, 01:51 PM
Sammy, It's my dad's deer. And also my cousins deer, and his friend's deer. My cousin is just lazy, and I'm the only one in the family that can stomach that type of thing.

The taste of deer meat primarily depends on if it was skinned right away. Some people leave the deer hang, hide on, for a few days. That gives the meat a gamy flavor, and it ruins the whole deer. As for the toughness, it all depends. Some older deer are going to be tougher because they work their muscles more, and for a longer time. If you get the little ones, they're yummy. If you want to try deer again, ask for either loin, or tender loin. That's the BEST part. --this I learned from my dad. He gave me a lecture
as I was helping him...lucky ******* me!

Mo, we've got a fridge, and a freezer out in the garage. One's for beer the other deer. Funny how they're just a few letters off. Seem to go well together;)

joeychitwood
12/05/2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by sammystingray
grostanzo, when I was younger and much angrier....Sure I hate people....Yikes! Sammy was even angrier in the past???

Steve_B
12/05/2003, 02:35 PM
[i] I would rather just watch them instead of blow their head off.:D Sure I hate people, but I love animals, and I look at a deer and want to hug him and pet him. I do eat meat, and I could kill it if I had to without guilt, but I am glad I don't have to. :) [/B] :thumbsup:

sammystingray
12/05/2003, 03:22 PM
joeychitwood, I'm starting to like you.
:D :D

I'm just glad I haven't been banned yet.:) :) I realize I post aggressively at times, but I really really do enjoy talking with everyone here.:) That's no lie.

BrianD
12/05/2003, 04:11 PM
Last week, a friend of mine's roommate (Eric) hit a deer with his truck and killed it. My friend (Rob) owns the house, and his two roommates pay him rent. Anyway, Eric called Rob at work (he is a fireman) and asked if he could dress the deer in the garage. Rob told him as long as he cleaned up the mess. BTW, this is an old garage that is used for storage behind the house, not used everyday.

So a few days later I was helping Rob move some furniture into this garage that his brother needed stored. There was an old piece of carpet on the floor that wasn't there before. Rob picked up the carpet to get it out of the way, and it was saturated with blood. His bright roommate, instead of cleaning up the blood, just covered it up.

Steve_B
12/05/2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BrianD
Last week, a friend of mine's roommate (Eric) hit a deer with his truck and killed it. My friend (Rob) owns the house, and his two roommates pay him rent. Anyway, Eric called Rob at work (he is a fireman) and asked if he could dress the deer in the garage. Rob told him as long as he cleaned up the mess. BTW, this is an old garage that is used for storage behind the house, not used everyday.

So a few days later I was helping Rob move some furniture into this garage that his brother needed stored. There was an old piece of carpet on the floor that wasn't there before. Rob picked up the carpet to get it out of the way, and it was saturated with blood. His bright roommate, instead of cleaning up the blood, just covered it up.

YUK!:uzi: :hammer: :blown:

BrianD
12/05/2003, 04:27 PM
Very. The only bright spot is that it wasn't summer. I can't imagine how it would have stunk, plus it would have had a zillion flies around.

dc
12/05/2003, 07:40 PM
LOL, did he tag it? Hmmm road kill, we've ate that. Think I'll buy Dan that cookbook "Kill it and Grill it" I always cut up the meat, but we don't hang it, we debone it and put it in the fridge in the basement, and I do it at my leisure. You can make great burgers by running bacon with the meat as you grind it.

Megalodon
12/05/2003, 08:31 PM
Aside from culling an over-populated species, can't we just stick to captive-bred animals for food? I would like deer meat from a free-range farm, for sure. It's a good thing my dinner invitations from all of you was lost in the mail!

;)

zooqi
12/06/2003, 03:09 PM
Wee: I did not know that you sneaked and found that in my garage. You know what. I was going to buy a new freezer today and I was thinking where to put it and never thought about the garage. Thanks for the advice.

wee-reefer
12/07/2003, 10:09 PM
Mo, ;)

zooqi
12/08/2003, 03:20 AM
;)