PDA

View Full Version : Reefcentral Thong?

kentrob11
12/03/2003, 03:16 PM
Has anyone actually bought this? :lol:

http://www.cafeshops.com/reefcentral.5367637

beerguy
12/03/2003, 03:19 PM
I was considering buying one for my wife for Christmas but wasn't sure it would be worth the beating I'd receive.

BrianD
12/03/2003, 03:24 PM
Q has a pink one.

beerguy
12/03/2003, 03:27 PM
I think I need a shower. I feel dirty now.

kentrob11
12/03/2003, 03:28 PM
I was talking about women Brian...We all know Griss wearing one on his face in that corner of his basement nobody know's about!

:rollface:

xien2000corp
12/03/2003, 03:32 PM
omg! has anyone else seen the ones that nano-reef.com sells??? now THOSE are hillarious! go check em out, i dont have the url but im sure u can find it if u really want a good laugh!

peas, steve

Soltaker
12/03/2003, 03:32 PM
I like how the wall clock looks

BrianD
12/03/2003, 03:48 PM
I was talking about women Brian

You mean you didn't hear about Q's operation?

Let me put it this way. Instead of being a "Q" he is now a "O".

BrianD
12/03/2003, 04:29 PM
PS Above diagram not to scale.

Pernelf
12/03/2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by xien2000corp
omg! has anyone else seen the ones that nano-reef.com sells??? now THOSE are hillarious! go check em out, i dont have the url but im sure u can find it if u really want a good laugh!

peas, steve

You mean this one?? "I got crabs"

http://prodtn.cafepress.com/9/4547049_F_tn.jpg

MarkS
12/03/2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BrianD
PS Above diagram not to scale.

You're right! Instead of "Q", it should have been "Q"!

This whole thread makes me think of the Mexican Thong Song by Cheech Marin! :lol: The best parody I've ever heard! ...Oh my goodness loco, it too big! Baby, crack kills, OK? ... Ey omia!, Please, baby, take that off!...

ri
12/03/2003, 09:08 PM
I wonder if sales of the thong would increase if the ad included a pic of a Victoria's Secret model wearing one?

ri

Q-ball
12/03/2003, 09:32 PM
Hmmmmm, well, my son is only 6 weeks old, so I guess that means that I can at least get the job done, eh Brian?:lol: Besides, everyone knows I don't like pink, I got the blue with white polka dots:D

Agu
12/03/2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Q-ball
I got the blue with white polka dots:D

I bet it looks lovely on you, how soon will you be posting pics ?

:lol: ,

Agu

Ernest T. Bass
12/03/2003, 11:14 PM
Kent,

As soon as I get my lights, pumps, sump, yadda, yadda, I'll get the thong for my wife. I'm just starting over after a long break. We didn't have these forums back then. Heck, we didn't even have the WWW! Now no one has an excuse for not knowing about frags or high cut bloomers.

Steve_B
12/04/2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by kentrob11
Has anyone actually bought this? :lol:

http://www.cafeshops.com/reefcentral.5367637

I just don't know if it would look right on an overweight middle aged guy like myself:fun5:

Q-ball
12/04/2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Agu
I bet it looks lovely on you, how soon will you be posting pics ?

:lol: ,

Agu

I'm fairly sure that would cross the lines of a family board such as we've got Agu...that, and I don't want to be held liable for the keyboards ruined by people viewing such a picture:D

Merkur
12/04/2003, 09:50 AM
OMG, my wife is soooooo getting one of those for christmas!

tgreene
12/04/2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Merkur
OMG, my wife is soooooo getting one of those for christmas!

Hey, when we goin climbing..? I dropped about 4 bills on new sport gear last month, so I'm ready.

toddpolish
12/04/2003, 10:55 AM
I asked my girlfriend if she wanted this.

she laughed and didn't give me an answer.

Merkur
12/04/2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by tgreene
Hey, when we goin climbing..? I dropped about 4 bills on new sport gear last month, so I'm ready.

cool! you get draws, rope, new harness and all that cool stuff??

so how was the trip to drapers?? what kind of stuff did you climb? tr, sport, trad??? how were the camping conditions?

man, i want to climbing big time!!! my lifes priorities keep getting in the way of my real priorities (at least the reef and home theater are comming along... but maybe thats my wifes strategy to keep me from climbing....).

tgreene
12/04/2003, 07:05 PM
cool! you get draws, rope, new harness and all that cool stuff??

so how was the trip to drapers?? what kind of stuff did you climb? tr, sport, trad??? how were the camping conditions?

man, i want to climbing big time!!! my lifes priorities keep getting in the way of my real priorities (at least the reef and home theater are comming along... but maybe thats my wifes strategy to keep me from climbing....).

60m 10.5 Edelwiess
Mad Rock Flash's
1/2dz QD's
and a pair of screw-loc BD Pears

I've had a sweet BD harness for years, but desperately needed a new rope and slippers, because they were pushing 12-13 years.

As for the trip, it poured like hell all weekend, and I actually eneded up at a different campground (Ferne Clyff), while they were at Jackson Falls... 8 hour RT drive, only to miss each other by 10-15 miles. They stayed and played, I came back home, since I was flyn' solo. When they gave me directions, they thought I had been there before...

NTidd
12/04/2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by toddpolish
I asked my girlfriend if she wanted this.

she laughed and didn't give me an answer.

That's gotta be a negative...

NTidd
12/04/2003, 10:16 PM
I ordered a shirt from cafeshops before (a white shirt that said "in case of war outbreak this shirt can be used as a french battle flag") Anyways the graphic was an iron on that I could of bought from walmart and made myself for a lot less than 20 something dollars, I wasn't to happy with it, but I don't know if that's how all the products at cafeshops are. If they are better quality I would order some stuff from there.

Merkur
12/04/2003, 11:05 PM
60m 10.5 Edelwiess
Mad Rock Flash's
1/2dz QD's
and a pair of screw-loc BD Pears

I've had a sweet BD harness for years, but desperately needed a new rope and slippers, because they were pushing 12-13 years.

As for the trip, it poured like hell all weekend, and I actually eneded up at a different campground (Ferne Clyff), while they were at Jackson Falls... 8 hour RT drive, only to miss each other by 10-15 miles. They stayed and played, I came back home, since I was flyn' solo. When they gave me directions, they thought I had been there before...

cool gear choices, that is one nice rope. about the best thing going in a 10.5.

man, thats such a bummer about the trip! did you at least scope out the area?

pnosko
12/04/2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by BrianD
Q has a pink one. Come clean my monitor!

:lol:

sammystingray
12/05/2003, 04:22 AM
That thong is BIG compared to most my fiance wears.:D Send me a free one, and I'll post her wearing it.:D :D :D Send me two, and I'll wear one too.:D :D OK, how about if you don't send me one for free, I'll post myself in one......that should do it.:D

What a strange item for a fish page to sell really.:D Even stranger that more than one fish site sells them, but it simply shows that RC thinks like me.....if it's not a thong, then it's for your grandma.:D I actually might buy one, and would I be allowed to post pics of one on an actual person? (girl of course).

grostanzo
12/05/2003, 05:57 AM
Yes, I have crabs!:D But, wouldn't advertise it!!HEHE
As far as the thong thing goes, I have tried them and can't stand having the strand up the crack of my butt. (can I say that here)?
Just in case, My crabs are Sallylightfoots. Not the human kind.

tgreene
12/05/2003, 09:03 AM
cool gear choices, that is one nice rope. about the best thing going in a 10.5.

man, thats such a bummer about the trip! did you at least scope out the area?
I was kinda leaning towards a 9.6 Laser, but the UIAA rating was substantially lower, so I went with the 10.5 Anniversary instead. It's heavier than I would liked, but its also a damn site better than the 40m 11mm Beal (non-dry) that I've owned since 90. That rope has been to hell and back -- twice!

I did a ton of hiking around the area, and studied some of the bolted routes in one specific area... They ranged from 5.6 - 5.12+ (huge roof) . I saw a few nice trad routes as well, but I've only done trad at Seneca, on the SW arette.

NTidd
12/05/2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by grostanzo
...Not the human kind.

Never heard of that type, do they look like humans with claws??

Merkur
12/05/2003, 11:13 AM
I was kinda leaning towards a 9.6 Laser, but the UIAA rating was substantially lower, so I went with the 10.5 Anniversary instead. It's heavier than I would liked, but its also a damn site better than the 40m 11mm Beal (non-dry) that I've owned since 90. That rope has been to hell and back -- twice!

I did a ton of hiking around the area, and studied some of the bolted routes in one specific area... They ranged from 5.6 - 5.12+ (huge roof) . I saw a few nice trad routes as well, but I've only done trad at Seneca, on the SW arette.

excellent!! well between the two of us we have way more than enough gear to do any bolted stuff we want and i imagine by spring i'll have my trad rack built out (partner used to have tons in dallas, so i don't have all i need right now). i'd like a lighter rope, but i just can't seam to get myself too psyched up about handling sub 10mm ropes. currently my main climbing rope is a mammut 10.2 60m dry.

lets get a trip together (weather pending) after the holidays eh!

tgreene
12/05/2003, 11:26 AM
Absolutely! :smokin:

BlAcK VoLiTaN ';.;'
12/05/2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by beerguy
I was considering buying one for my wife for Christmas but wasn't sure it would be worth the beating I'd receive.

:lol2: :lol: :lmao: :lolspin:

pnosko
12/06/2003, 11:42 AM
My order is in...