PDA

View Full Version : Gift Ideas - School Teachers please help!!!

GuidoSarduchi
12/03/2003, 01:35 PM
My wife is almost done with school and will be looking for a career teaching K-2nd grade. Any gift ideas out there? I was thinking maybe a planner or useful book... but I am hoping maybe a current teacher can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Kevomac
12/03/2003, 03:35 PM
I highly recommend a copy of the movie Kindergarten Cop. And I'm not just being silly. It's the best movie I've ever seen about teaching elementary students. I work with secondary students, and the old Nick Nolte, Judd Hirsch, Jobeth Williams flick Teachers is what secondary education is all about, but for elementary school, Kindergarten Cop is a must.

BrianD
12/03/2003, 04:02 PM
How about a cattle prod? Keep them little beasts in line.

J/K :)

I would think a planner or something like a palm pilot (or whatever those hand-held computer thingies are called) would be a great gift.

CrystalAZ
12/03/2003, 08:51 PM
A gift certificate to a department store would be a great secondary gift so she can get herself a new wardrobe for her new job.

Maybe wrap it with a sweater or something with a little card that says something about being the first piece in her new career collection and here is something to help you complete your collection.

I know I would like it, but it depends on how your wife feels about gift cards. Some people don't like them.

Crystal

crab0000
12/04/2003, 10:28 AM
I agree with the palm pilot or something similar. She is going to have so much crap to keep up with that it is going to be almost a necessity. BTW Congratulations to your wife.
Steve

musicsmaker
12/04/2003, 10:35 AM
A small aquarium for a classroom pet would be cool. A friend of mine has tree frogs in her classroom, and the kids have assigned days to take care of them.