PDA

View Full Version : Funny Link

SLKs reef
12/02/2003, 10:00 PM
[edited]

Further posts like this would be a very poor choice.

Brian

Enter at our own risk

partagas
12/02/2003, 10:08 PM
DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. iT TAKES YOU TO A SITE THAT OPENS OVER 100(THATS BEFORE I SHUT IT DOWN) JAVA APPLETS BASICLY KILLING YOUR SYSTEM.

DO NOT CLICK LINK...................................................................

AND I HAVE REPORTED THIS STUPID SH*T

seawillow
12/02/2003, 10:10 PM
not very funny!!!!!

SLKs reef
12/02/2003, 10:13 PM
Enter at our own risk

Well guess you didnt read this. Plus there are many ways you can stop that. clt+alt+del end task.......

Alberio
12/02/2003, 10:13 PM
I too reported the posts. What were you (the poster) thinking?

mjd

partagas
12/02/2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Alberio
I too reported the posts. What were you (the poster) thinking?

mjd

When I get out of 6th grade I want to be a fireman when I grow up..........

BrianD
12/02/2003, 10:16 PM
SLKs, you owe the members an apology for this thread. I am sure you will want to offer it with your next post.

serjuanca88
12/02/2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks man.

My pc crashed, I lost a 5 pages of an essay I was typing.

It opened up 2800 something pages before my computer crashed.

Alberio
12/02/2003, 10:19 PM
I tried End Task. Each of the 100 or 200 windows had to be shut down individually. I had to exit explorer and then get back in. A minor annoyance.

mjd

serjuanca88
12/02/2003, 10:20 PM
I tried to end task as well, but windows were opening up twice as fast as my pc could close them.

SLKs reef
12/02/2003, 10:23 PM
well end task works for me.. anyways what would you be doing on rc if you were writing a essay.

serjuanca88
12/02/2003, 10:37 PM
I call it brain drain. After doing something like an essay for a couple hours my mind needs a short break. Otherwise I can think straight. So I came to RC for a few minutes.

Shoulda' saved.

Still waiting for an apology.

Coral Dilema
12/03/2003, 01:59 AM
Hit the panic button on Zonealarm . . that will stop it.

davidpt40
12/03/2003, 03:46 AM
This is nothing guys. My dad and I were talking about what would happen if someone put a mantis shrimp in your cup of coffee (it would survive for a few minutes I think). WOuld probably knock out several teeth.

sammystingray
12/03/2003, 05:50 AM
Ive seen this type of post a few times, and it never got the threat of banning?? Why this time? Keep in mind it was gone before I had a chance to actually try it myself. The guy writing the report.....why not just get offline? pull the modem plug if needed to stop them? Were you typing it to an online space? It seems it was just a bad joke to me. Kind of like the "fake viruses" that act like they are deleting your C: drive, and folks panic and turn off the PC, and may mess things up they were working on. I really don't think this person meant to ruin a report, and you could have saved it. Just a bad joke in my opinion since the person does have a post count. I didn't see it though, so I'm just talking out my......:D

sammystingray
12/03/2003, 05:51 AM
Actually after about twenty seconds of thought....it might have been quite annoying if no warning was given.:D

seawillow
12/03/2003, 07:14 AM
SLK....I'm sure you meant no actual harm..kind of a warped sense of humor, but an apology would still be nice, sometimes we do things without thinking of the consequences to everyone. It was a real nuisance to me and I did end up rebooting. As far as doing something else while on RC...I have done that many times..you're in the middle of something and just need a break for a few minutes. RC is a great place to go to refresh the mind. I still think an apology would be VERY nice, maybe it would be the grown-up thing to do.......

MarkS
12/03/2003, 07:31 AM
I'm almost always on RC while my computer is on. I take frequent breaks from whatever I'm doing and read some threads. I try to save frequently, but that is not always possible. I'd be more than a little ticked off as well. Some things just are not funny!

I'd expect to be banned or be threatened with bannishment after posting something like that!

BrianD
12/03/2003, 09:28 AM
Sammy, I am happy for you that you have "seen" posts like this before. I haven't, and hopefully won't again.

Did the apology come and I just missed it? It is amazing to me that someone loses an essay they were working on, and the response was "you shouldn't have been on RC anyway".

pnosko
12/03/2003, 09:46 AM
I think an apology is due more so for that statement than the thoughless prank.

joeychitwood
12/03/2003, 09:59 AM
I vote to ban SLKs reef.

That post was more harmful than anyone calling someone else a nasty name!

sammystingray
12/03/2003, 11:00 AM
BrianD, I am actually not sure because I didn't see this one. There have been posts with windows that popped up and wouldn't stop, but there was also a warning attached.......I basically missed the whole thing. I wasn't questioning the decision, just wondering what I missed, and how bad was it to cause an uproar......I am clueless because I didn't see it. I can bring the posts up if you would like, and they were posted by good members, but they did have a warning. Basically I am just curious as to how bad this one was??? That's all.

BrianD
12/03/2003, 11:28 AM
All I know is I have never had mailbox fill up with as many reported posts as this one did in a matter of minutes, and people were irate. As for "threat of ban", the "edited" tag has standard verbiage, and I don't go through and re-write it each time.

Alberio
12/03/2003, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't think one careless post would justify being banned. I do however feel that Joey Chitwood's avatar does justify bannishment!

Joey? Is that you? Is that what you wear in the ER?

joeychitwood
12/03/2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Alberio
I do however feel that Joey Chitwood's avatar does justify bannishment!

Joey? Is that you? Is that what you wear in the ER? OK OK! It's not me....it's just my dream for myself someday.

For all of you who are wondering, here I am at deer camp and at Halloween.

http://www.images.mdlindquist.com/joey1.jpg

http://www.images.mdlindquist.com/joey2.jpg

BrianD
12/03/2003, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't think one careless post would justify being banned

Who said it would?

Jamesurq
12/03/2003, 01:44 PM
Here's my take: Because I know without my input you guys wouldn't be able to function correctly.

I make stupid posts - and ones that might upset people - but if I do upset someone I will always apologize - just the way I was brought up.

Not everyone has the same sence of humor. For instance - I'm british, but I don't particularly think that men dressing up as old women is that funny - like most british people do...But if someone is genuinely offended I will do my best to make sure that person has a warm and fuzzy feeling inside......

Group hug..

Alberio
12/03/2003, 02:36 PM
Brian,

I just said that in response to Joey's post.

Joey. Obviously the person in your avatar and the person at deer camp are the same person. It looks like they just have different halloween costumes on.

Costume A. Gold Teeth
Costume B. No Teeth

mjd

pnosko
12/03/2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Jamesurq
I make stupid posts - and ones that might upset people - but if I do upset someone I will always apologize - just the way I was brought up.Since you're feeling so warm and fuzzy now... http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2067737#post2067737

;)

SLKs reef
12/03/2003, 03:58 PM
Well I apologize. This link did no harm to me or my computer all I had to do was end task. Sorry if you lost your essay like i said I would usually be working on the essay rather than going on websites. "you shouldn't have been on RC anyway".
Well I didn't say you shouldn't be on RC so that is kinda pulling words from my mouth. I said what were you doing on RC if you were writing a essay. Like he responded telling why.
Sorry for the problems thought someone would have thought it was funny instead of getting flamed

BrianD
12/03/2003, 03:59 PM
Cheers! Thank you for that! It takes a good guy to do that, even if they don't agree ;)

seawillow
12/03/2003, 04:11 PM
Like I said SLK.....sometimes we all don't have the same sense of humor.......when I saw "funny" I jumped on it.....don't we all love humor...never noticed the warning til it was too late.....apology accepted :)

Jamesurq
12/03/2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by pnosko
Since you're feeling so warm and fuzzy now... http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2067737#post2067737

;)

Sorry - kinda thought you were disagreeing with me - didn't realize that you were upset.

serjuanca88
12/03/2003, 07:29 PM
Thank you.

I completely understand the intention of the post, but was little mad at the way you responded.