PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy MS Office 2003 Student/Teacher edition?

Tcook
12/01/2003, 05:44 PM
Do they ask you for some type of documentaion (school etc) when you activate the product online?

beerguy
12/01/2003, 05:47 PM
I have the student/teacher of Office.X for Mac. It did not require anything outside of standard activation.

Tcook
12/01/2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks Beerguy. Costco has it for $129 which is significantly less than the standard edition. MS website says that parents of kindergartener is ok but preschooler isn't. My boy falls in between so I think I will save some money tonight.

beerguy
12/01/2003, 05:55 PM
Check the packaging it should say for sure what the requirements are. My kid is in 8th grade so we definitely qualify and at least the Mac version lets you install it on 3 systems legally - each with their own CD key. Very sweet deal.

Tcook
12/01/2003, 06:06 PM
This product can be installed on 3 computers as well. Parents of kids in K-12 qualify but preschoolers don't. I guess that MS isn't up on the latest shool structuring. We have preschool, pre-K and K. Maybe I'll just install it on one computer until next year:rolleyes:

pnosko
12/01/2003, 07:56 PM
We got MS Office 2003 recently where I work. A bunch of us had major performance problems when working in anything but the simplest Word document. I'm taking like the PC appearing to freeze-- 30 secs to raise the Start Menu or bring up the Task Manager (on a P4 3.06GHz). It turns out MS has thrown a wrench into the the way popular anti-virus software does active scanning. We ended up reverting to Office XP.

If you use anti-virus software (and you should), be forewarned.