PDA

View Full Version : In Need of a large tank... Keep me in Mind

MagnusApollo
11/30/2003, 08:03 PM
Hello folks. If your or anyone you know is getting rid of a large tank, 90+ gallon please keep me in mind. I hate resorting to begging people for things (it's not in my nature). But, a little while ago, I had a person come to my house with a bag full of fish. It seems that a friend of his didn't want them and were just going to flush them. (how weird and stupid is that). They knew I was a fish person, so I took them in and nursed them to help in the handful of quarentine/medicine tanks I happened to have up and running. I decide to keep them but the tough thing is that I have them spread out over a few of my smaller tanks. I was only going to do this until I had the chance to get a larger tank going. I was saving up for this... Well sadly with the way work is going (and the fact the girlfriend was laid off of work) i've had to spend the money on getting my car fixed and looking for another car for the girlfriend (her's of course died after she lost her job... of course). But, I really have grown attached to these fish. What I'm asking is that anyone with, or knows anyone getting rid of a large tank that would like it to go to a good home please keep me in mind. I can give them some money for it... I still have my old boxes of filtration systems in the closet... so what I'm looking for is a tank and stand for cheap. I would be deeply indebted to you if you can help me with this.

Thank you for listening.

MagnusApollo
12/02/2003, 03:22 PM
To all of the folks that have PMed me, The girlfriend and I owe you big thanks!

ReeferMac
12/02/2003, 04:54 PM
I may have a 55 for you.. gotta check w/ the missus tho (was going to be her FO tank).

- Mac

MagnusApollo
12/02/2003, 10:08 PM
I would hate to give you in trouble with the missus... If it is at all a problem then please don't put yourself out. We will find a tank eventually, when the right one comes it comes. (zen and the art of getting fish tanks).

Stoli
12/03/2003, 09:09 AM
Magnus:

I will be tearing down my 90 shortly and will have a stand and canopy for the 90. I will probably keep the tank as it will be the sump in my new system. However, the stand and canopy will not be reused. Note that this will also fit a standard 75 and can be modified to fit a 125 pretty easily. Not the best workmanship since it was my first attempt but very solid.

MagnusApollo
01/10/2004, 09:14 PM
Just wanted to give some the URS crew a hearty thanks.
Thanks to Ron for the amazing 100 gallon tank! And a big thanks to Kent! Without him I would never have gotten that thing home...

Gary Majchrzak
01/11/2004, 12:01 AM
Kewl end to the story.:thumbsup: