PDA

View Full Version : Classified/trading

arconom
11/29/2003, 11:35 PM
Do you or are you going to set up a classified section in here or website? I think it would be a great idea.

seaham358
11/30/2003, 10:05 AM
Good Idea..... We have just been posting what we have for sale but that would be a good idea for the website.
If your looking for something just ask.

arconom
11/30/2003, 02:52 PM
It would be nice to see used Equipment for sale. And frags and all coral trading. Maybe even if we all decided to order to save on shipping. Or make trips stores, that would be great.....

I know I'm looking to upgrade my Current light system even though its brand new:( I was into the hobby like 5 years ago and no knowledge and no one to show me or books and stuff Bought a 75 tank and had a overflow NOISEY has heck and living in Chester the lights went out all the time:( Sump would overflow all the time :(((( Mom was mad since I lived at home still.

So I wasnt sure which lights to buy. But after coming back to the hobby 5 years later I realized I was smart and not cheap on the choice of a Icecap 660 4 tubes each 110 watts:) At least I did something right:) But my tastes have changed. I now love Stonie corals and dont want to be limited on the corals I raise. And have posted about attempting to raise Stonies. But I know I will need Halides.

So I will sell my light system and buy a system that has the 2 hailides and 2 VHOs . Or straight halides

seaham358
11/30/2003, 04:54 PM
Sounds good keep me in mind when you sell the vho set up. Thats a 48" bulbs right? Have some Kenya Tree corals if interested let me know. Also some loose purple shroons with blue dots. They are small
If you need prices on stuff contact casanokid he is able to get most anything at at good price..
He is a member of the club......
Most of the guys in the club have there tanks drilled so we won't have that overflow problem. I have heard a lot about the floods and I have been lucky and got some good advise when I started and did a lot of reading on the net so I could avoid costly mistakes.
ADS sells corals and clams check out his web site... He is another member of the club....
www.TridacnaReef.com

Tomzpc
11/30/2003, 05:25 PM
You can keep SPS corals with VHO lighting. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't because there are many people here on RC who are proof of that. That being said, metal halide lighting will penetrate deeper into the tank so with halides you wouldn't be restricted to keeping SPS corals in the top half of the water column as you might be with the VHO. SPS will definitely grow faster under metal halides though.

arconom
11/30/2003, 06:49 PM
I'm Really interested in purple shroons with blue dots. DO you mean shrooms?? If you do yes I would to get some. Also that club member is he local??

arconom
11/30/2003, 06:50 PM
WOW thats great to hear guys that I can keep Sps Corals. I have heard no I can't from Store owners:( Which gets me upset. But thank you so much for that info!!!!

arconom
11/30/2003, 06:55 PM
Any suggestions on starter SPS corals to get?? ANy one have any frags they want to sell?

seaham358
11/30/2003, 07:03 PM
ya, poughkeepsie area