PDA

View Full Version : Help with Cyclop Eeze

Decoy
11/26/2003, 07:30 PM
I accidently bought freeze dried Cyclop Eeze instead of frozen. When I feed to the tank most of it floats on the top. What are some ways to get it into the water column? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Ereefic
11/26/2003, 08:16 PM
I believe someone was telling me how they did it. I think they put some cyclop-eeze in a small container, then add some RO water to it. Put it in the fridge for awhile, stir it up and put it back in the fridge over night. Or maybe it was the freezer??? That way it is pretty much like the frozen stuff and should stay in suspension longer.

JHardman
11/26/2003, 08:56 PM
You need to re-hydrate it by soaking it in tank or RO water for an hour or so before feeding. It never will stay in the water column as well as the frozen form, but it does fine as long as you soak it first.

You do not want to soak it for an extended period of time, over night for example, as all the "good stuff" in it will leach out into the water.

DgenR8
11/27/2003, 02:53 PM
A bonus would be to soak it in tank or RO water with some Selcon for a half hour or so before feeding. That will not only help to keep it from floating away, but also add vitimins.

john
11/27/2003, 08:23 PM
I soak it for about 1 hr, then use a turkey baster.

John