PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner shrimps overcleaning?

maroun.c
06/27/2001, 09:48 AM
My coral beauty who's been in my tank since one year is spending more and more time everyday getting cleaned by the shrimps.The fish seams really healthy no spots and is eating like a pig.
It used to go to the shrimps 3-4 times daily, now whenever I look at the tank I find it getting cleaned and mostlly near the gills area, It just approaches the shrimp and like open it's gill and you can sea the shrimp cleaning the inside of the gill as well as the fishe's mouth from inside.Is that something I should enjoy watching or is it a call for concern???

FMarini
06/27/2001, 10:14 AM
Hi:
i would enjoy the show....it appears your fish likes being cleaned or that if he does have a problem its controlled by the cleaner shrimp. Cleaners also pick off dead skin so maybe this is what hes doing...Don't know for sure...
Do you see any outward signs of disease on this fish?, and when hes not being cleaned is the fish acting "normal"?
frank

maroun.c
06/28/2001, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the reply Frank, as to ur questions, well this fish is the oldest in the aquarium, it's been through a lot in the past and survived two ick outbreaks in the past after I introduced some infected fish, it survived 2 treatments with coper and one and a half month hyposalinity, after that it's been doing really great, it spends all the time grazing on some algae on the back glass, and whenever I stepp in the room it just jumps to the upper right corner of the tank, just where I put the food (however I always tell my friends that it jumps there just to say HI), it really competes with the other fish in the tank on every piece of food and it even hits on the cleaner shrimps to moove them away from the mussels if they leave no room for it.
Doesn't this say that this is one hell of a happy fish???
Thanks again for the help.