PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed your pearly jawfish?

jeffriryan
11/26/2003, 02:39 PM
Thought I would see what people were feeding their pearly (yellowhead) jawfish. Mine seems to like frozen brine.

WFPetrie
12/01/2003, 04:53 PM
Mine eats any sort of frozen food, shrimp pellets and flakes. Basically, anything that floats past one of his burrows.

jeffriryan
12/01/2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks WF... I sent that post a little too early. I stated it like brine because I saw it take a small amount that practically floated into its burrow. Since then I haden's seen it eat. It would look out a little when I would put the food in like it wanted to come out, but wouldn't. I saw it eat some yesterday so that makes me feel better and it is getting a little braver but not much. Was yours shy at first?

WFPetrie
12/01/2003, 05:58 PM
For the first few days, mine was curled up in the corner of the tank. During that time he ate sparingly. After a couple days he dug himself a burrow and hasn't stopped eating since.

How long have you had yours and what are the other inhabitants in the tank?

If possible, you may want to consider stopping the water flow as much as possible and dropping a piece of food right on his head until he gets used to eating, and his surroundings.