PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with my Lobo please

damsf
11/26/2003, 01:09 PM
I recieved this guy last week from pet solutions. The tissue is starting to puff out, but I am still seeing an awful lot of the pokey bits. He is in medium flow, but I am wondering if my lighting is a bit weak at the bottom of the tank ( 2*55 watt PC's & 157watts Mh in a 30 gallon tall ). He is in front of a cave opening, but not really shaded by it ( its hard to tell from the photo), which is a great place for easy feeding. Ask my damsel - that's his spot when the food hits the water.

Does he look like he just needs to be left alone a bit, given more light, fed more, given expensive gifts and a massage - just trying to figure out how to make him happy. He is such a weirdy color - funky irridescent pink flesh. I'd like him to thrive and am hoping not to hear the "b" word.

http://images.snapfish.com/338%3C%3A98323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2324%3D324%3D484%3DXROQDF%3E232347547%3B453ot1lsi

tank params : 81.5 degrees, 1.025 sg, 430 calc, 11 dkh ALK, 0 NA, NO, PO4 or NH, Mg 1500 & I'm waiting on my Iodine test it. So my water chem is OK. I use RO/DI and I replace evap in the morning & at night. I have a 10 hour light cycle...did I forget anything ?

cecilturtle
11/26/2003, 01:52 PM
I like mine on the floor bed now cause he has grown alot but I used to keep him just under my halide on a rock that allowed him to expand and drape over without touching other corals or rock. He has done well on floor bed as well. He responds to DT's, Coral Heaven, Golden Pearls and me getting a massage in front of him when the kids are asleep........HTH

MalHavoc
11/26/2003, 02:04 PM
Your lighting is fine for a lobophyllia coral. He may simply be stressed from the move, and is adjusting to your tank. Corals like these like to eat once in a while. Have you tried feeding it anything? Try giving it some meaty pieces of ripped up raw shrimp, or some blended seafood or something.

damsf
11/26/2003, 04:44 PM
I've spot fed him via turkey baster a couple of times with mysis & formula one. I will try just setting a cube of blended seafood in him & see what happens.

Thanks guys - I feel a bit better.