PDA

View Full Version : zoo and lighting question

HolyBanana
11/26/2003, 08:25 AM
Do zoos tend to get more color when closer to the lights?
I noticed that my zoos on the sandbed dont have much color yet, the ones closer to the top do. Is this true or just coincidence that I have the color ones on the top?
Thanks

MalHavoc
11/26/2003, 08:49 AM
It's entirely possible. Many corals change colour when exposed to different light intensities. Probably part of the photoadaption process.

David P
11/26/2003, 10:14 AM
Im running a little experament, the wife bought a colony of pink zoos, I fragged a few pieces and stuck it in my reef with MH, the rest went into the seahorse tank with pc. The seahorse zoos are still pink but darker color leaning towards brown, whereas the zoos under MH are BRIGHT pink. She just bought a colony of solid white zoos last week, I may have to throw a frag of those under MH and see what they do.

HolyBanana
11/26/2003, 10:37 AM
David,
Im leaning to the same conclusion. It looks like the Zoos turn brighter colors when exposed to more intense lighting. The ones in the bottom are almost colorless brown. Some do have some colors. But I put them on this rock on the corner top of the tank and they turn bright green, teal and dark yellow/greenish. Ill put some others there and see how well they do. :D