PDA

View Full Version : Pic of 3 month old 90g

chrixx
11/25/2003, 11:42 PM
It has come along nicely. Just thought I would share. http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/7727Reef_040__Custom_.jpg

toddpolish
11/25/2003, 11:52 PM
looks nice, but I'm not a fan of bare bottom. your tank would look so much more natural with a sand bed.

rockwork looks great

chrixx
11/25/2003, 11:54 PM
I don't want to get into the battle with nutrients and cyano. I agree that a sand bed looks natural, but my long term goal is to have coralline and zooanthids as my bottom. Not to mention that upkeep is much easier with a bare bottom.

NaH2Ofreak
11/26/2003, 12:21 AM
You know, people talk about having corals encrust their "bare bottom" but I've never seen it. Does anyone have a bare bottom tank that is encrusted with zoos or star polyps or other such corals?

Dennis

DarkDevil
11/26/2003, 01:21 AM
your LR looks nice, most encrusted with coralline already, did you get it locally or did you get it online? where? thanks

chrixx
11/26/2003, 09:20 AM
I have been too busy to right a "vendor experience" post, but this rock is amazing. It is the Tonga Ultra Show rock and was partially cured. My tank never had an amonia spike and seemed to have been already cured when I got it. I would definitely recommend this rock to anyone. Here is a link for those who are interested: Dr. Mac & Sons Corals (http://www.drmaccorals.com)

I also purchased my antrea snails, scarlet hermits, and ricordia for them. Everything is always well packed. You can see that they take the time to make sure they do things right. You can see some more pics of my tank in "My Gallery".

chrixx
11/26/2003, 09:24 AM
NaH2Ofreak:
There is a tank on a forum (I can't remember if it is RC or another) that has the entire bottom of the tank encrusted with coralline and zoos. It is an amazing looking tank, but it takes a long time to get the entire bottom covered. If I find it, I will post a pic here for you.

FireEater
11/26/2003, 09:29 AM
That tank looks great for a 3 month old. :p

Mark

icebear
11/26/2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by chrixx
NaH2Ofreak:
There is a tank on a forum (I can't remember if it is RC or another) that has the entire bottom of the tank encrusted with coralline and zoos. It is an amazing looking tank, but it takes a long time to get the entire bottom covered. If I find it, I will post a pic here for you.

i'm guessing most people who set out to have the bottom cover itself with zoos and stuff get sick of looking at the bare bottom for the amount of time it takes and give up and fill it with sand :D

i probably would, but i bet it does look great for those who have the patience for it

musicsmaker
11/26/2003, 10:05 AM
I've seen a tank here on rc that had the bottom covered with GSP. And so was the sides, the back, the powerheads, heater, overflow.... :eek:

Cary Oki
11/26/2003, 11:14 AM
looks great, I'd love to see it in a yr

moga
11/26/2003, 11:23 AM
nice..
if nothing dies, anything's good..

chrixx
11/26/2003, 11:29 AM
I found the website that has coralline and zoos to cover the bare bottom. Here is the link: Moye's Reef (http://www.moyesreef.com/home.html)

It is a 500 gallon tank with tons of zoos and the bottom is covered with coralline.

Zoom
11/26/2003, 05:12 PM
Looking good;) :dance: :bounce3: :bounce1: :bounce2: :celeb3: :celeb3: