PDA

View Full Version : lee-mar custom aquariums\ inter-america

barnacle bill
11/25/2003, 06:37 PM
Im looking for info on lee-mar custom aquariums which I am considering ordering thru jeffs exotic and wondered shat peoples experiances were. I dont think i want to deal with the canadian guy!:) Thanks in advance!

golfish
11/25/2003, 07:02 PM
Bill,
I've seen lots of Lee Mar tanks and lots of IA tanks. I've never seen an IA tank that could compare to a Lee Mar, but then you pay a lot more for it. I just ordered a custom tank from Lee Mar last week. It was probably 25%-30% more for the Lee Mar but that really didn't matter to me. The big problem I have with the IA's is that they tend to get things wrong. Once I ordered the tank (LFS, I was going ot order from Jeff but he couldn't beat the price enough to make it worth my wild) I called Tom at lee Mar and confirmed the order and stats. Toms a great guy and doesn't mind the calls.

If you need any more info give me an e-mail sf49er1959@aol.com

barnacle bill
11/25/2003, 08:02 PM
Thanks for your reply.What size tank did you get? and how much did it cost you?

barnacle bill
12/02/2003, 11:38 PM
bump

gcarroll
12/03/2003, 12:04 AM
I chose lee-mar also because the build quality was excellent. I new people that had their tanks with no complaints for 20+ years.

Foster
12/03/2003, 12:24 AM
My 225 lee mar should be ready for pick up next week.

AWExotics
12/03/2003, 03:54 AM
Lee-Mar makes the best tanks.. hands down IMO.

95% of all the reef tanks I set up are Lee-Mar. They offer a Polished Glass Style Aquarium which is what my 120 gal tank is and I love the style of it. It has no trim and an open top with NO center support brace that will reflect light. They accomplish this by framing in the top of the tank with 4-5" wide glass all the way around the tank. I was talking to Tom yesterday about a tank and he confirmed to me that even a 6'x2'x2' Polished glass aquarium can be made without a center support piece.

The one downfall is that I would prefer to use rear corner prefilters instead of a singular built in prefilter centered on the back wall. This would eliminate the structural support gained from the 4-5 " frame on top and force them to install a center support piece.

If you want to see the tank style. My pics are on my gallery page. A link should be on my sig.

BTW I am a retailer and if you are in So Cal, AZ, or even Vegas ( I donot know where else Lee-Mar delivers to) Just about any retailer can get you a Lee-Mar tank made to your specs. LEe Mar is my distribtor for about 80% of my dry goods and most of my aquariums. The prices to the retialers are the same where ever you go on tanks.

barnacle bill
12/03/2003, 07:28 PM
anyone else?:)