PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Damsel

Jacksonbriggs
11/25/2003, 01:10 PM
How the heck can I catch my damsel? tried everything i know and everytime he even thinks he sees my net he hides until i put it away. He is starting to pick at my clowns and stressed them out to the point that they now have ich. GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Please give me some help here. Thinking of quarantining my clowns and not feeding him. Anyone got any ideas?

MalHavoc
11/25/2003, 01:24 PM
Try getting a #22 fishing hook, flatten the barb (so there isn't a barb at all), and bait it with some food. Or, get yourself a two litre pop bottle, cut the top off, and invert it, so the damsel can swim in, but can't get out.

Jacksonbriggs
11/25/2003, 01:26 PM
then can i flush that dumb fish down the toilet? LOL

jgoelz
11/25/2003, 01:28 PM
A small 6" clear glass vase that narrowed towards the middle then spread back out at the top, some fishing line and a cube of brine shrimp was all it took to catch mine. I tied the fishing line around the narrow center of the vase. I filled the vase 3/4 full of water and let the cube of frozen brine thaw and settle to the bottom. I then filled the vase the rest of the way and let the brine settle again. I lowered the vase to the sandbed with the fishing line and tilted it on its side. I had to move it around to get the brine floating inside the vase to attract attention. 5 minutes later (after 5 or 6 chances to catch green chromis) the damsel went in. I pulled the vase to the top of the water while the damsel freaked out but I caught him.

No acclimation to the vase was needed. This was the first attempt I made at catching him. Ohhh - the luck
:D

Jacksonbriggs
11/25/2003, 01:31 PM
yeah but did you do with it once you caught him?

jgoelz
11/25/2003, 01:33 PM
He was neatly done away with. Can you say damsel popsicle?

MalHavoc
11/25/2003, 01:33 PM
Now now now. Find out if the LFS will take the fish back before you do anything rash. I have a damsel in my tank, and she's a great fish.

Jacksonbriggs
11/25/2003, 01:46 PM
LOL damsel popsicles sound like a good idea to me. J/K I brought my other ones back to the LFS, just sure sounds good saying it though. LOL do i put a brine shrimp on the end of the hook, they are very small. thx

MalHavoc
11/25/2003, 01:55 PM
Try a small piece of raw shrimp. My blue damsel loves it.

tim n heather
11/25/2003, 02:00 PM
fishing in a fish tank, that is just two funny

swims withthe fishes
11/25/2003, 02:26 PM
dependant on how good you are with a net, try using 2. it's never taken me more than 10 min to catch a damsel, when he's got 2 nets coming at him from both sides after a while he'll get stupid and swim right into one.
Id be too afraid of hooking one of my other fish, but that would deffinately be more fun! :D

Jacksonbriggs
11/25/2003, 03:16 PM
not worried about hooking another fish because he is always the first one to be fed every night. LOL