PDA

View Full Version : Personifer Angel not eating

JOEYRM7
11/24/2003, 11:07 AM
I just added a Personifer Angel into my display on Thursday. He is not being picked on (that I can see) and is swimming around freely in the tank. It's been 3 days and he has not eaten. My supplier tells me that this is common with Personifers and suggests that it can take up to 2 weeks. Does anyone have experience with this fish. I have had other angels but none which did not eat within the first few days. Thanks.

3_high_low
11/25/2003, 12:13 AM
JoeyRM7. Maybe try some live brine shrimp. Most fish cannot resist. Or perhaps for now he is just a little more scared than he is hungry. What does he have for tank mates?:confused:

ReefGeekster
11/25/2003, 12:21 AM
I had the same problem with my Regal Angel, I bought some live steamer clams from the seafood section of my grocery store and split it open now all I have to do is wave it if front of my regal angel from the outside of the tank and he rips down to the other side of the tank where I usually put it, and he and my moorish idol is all over it.

JOEYRM7
11/25/2003, 09:39 AM
Do you think that this works better than frozen clams? I've also tried mysis, brine, squid, krill & nori (flake and pellet for that matter as well) Thanks

ReefGeekster
11/26/2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JOEYRM7
Do you think that this works better than frozen clams? I've also tried mysis, brine, squid, krill & nori (flake and pellet for that matter as well) Thanks

LIVE steamer clams, not frozen. Just take a knife split it open and rinse it under the faucet and toss it in the tank.... presto!