PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for a few days

ddennis
11/24/2003, 08:12 AM
I will be going out of town for a few days. I have my lights on an automatic timer but was wondering if my fish would be okay without food for a few days. My cichlids have never had a problem going without food for a few days but just wondering if saltwater fish are any different. I have a rusty angel, porcupine puffer, 3 green chromis, and 2 clowns. My plan was to over feed leading up to the last day here and then throw some dried krill before I left which they could munch on while I was gone. I will be gone for 3 days. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

despot101
11/24/2003, 09:22 AM
My fish have always done alright when I have had to leave them for a few days. I'm sure they will be fine.
I usually skip feeding once a week and they still seem very healthy.

Diehl
11/24/2003, 09:33 AM
The only problem I see is with the Evaporation of water? I replace 2 gal. a day in my 90gal. Just wandering how high your salinity will jump:rolleyes:

despot101
11/24/2003, 11:03 AM
Thats a good point. I have a top-off system so I have not yet had to deal with that.

yunkeraj
11/24/2003, 11:12 AM
You should not have a problem at all although I know the feeling. It is kinda like leaving the dog at the kennel for the first time. You just wonder and wonder.... :)