PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland OH/Harrisburg PA 29gallon reef, inhabitants and equipment for sale.

Fishotch
11/23/2003, 09:56 PM
I have a 29gallon reeftank that I am planning to sell. It is about 2 years old (a little more) and has been fun, but I have had a hard time getting back to taking joy in the tank since a major crash about 8 months back.

The tank is a 29 gallon all glass aquarium with very few minor scratches (2 fine lines on one of the long pannels from sand trapped under a magnet, I haven't spotted them in a while, but remember putting them there, but they are not visible under normal conditions)

There is a wrought iron stand for the tank.

other equipment includes:
1 prisim skimmer (purchase price 75.00 incase there are multiple models)
1 ebo jager heater
2 powerheads, maxijets
1 power compact light setup, 65w from lampsnow.
1 homemade hood. The lamp is attached to a black hood that fits the tank. it is not a thing of beauty, but very functional and easily replaced if desired.
also available is a large air stone skimmer (with instructions. I recieved it used and have never set it up)

the tank has as inhabitants:
about 30 lbs of live rock. (aproximate. I made a single 25 lbs purchase, and have added a number of large rocks since, both as LR and with coral attached)
one clown fish. True percula, about a year old. very healthy and sweet.
2 peppermint shrimp. (i had three, but i only ever see two at once)
1 blue tuxedo urchin
one snail. (a good alge eater from old e-tropicals.com. I forget what kind, but nothing exotic. fairly small (1/2 inch across)
5 colors of mushrooms (inhabiting much of the live rock lightly) green, red with spots/stripes, green with stripes, blue, and plain red. there are fewer by far of the blue than any other kind.
1 (maybe two) green recordia polyps. (the main one had budded, and the baby is in there somewhere at a diecent size, but i can't see it) these are carribean i bleive. (purchased from premium aquatics 2 years ago)
several lether corals (all very small, grown from frags that survived the crash) a brown one, a toadstool, a devils's hand, and a green sinularia (from greg hiller, very very small, but beautyful when larger. Was my favorite)
the remnants of some green star polyps too i think.
some orange zooanthids with green centers (and a few with reversed colors)
questionably, i might still have a mithrax crab and a red legged hermit, but I haven't seen them in a little while, but months long periods like this have been common in the past.

I think thats all I've got. (oh, and some salt you can have! reef crystals, about half a bag)

I'm a colledge student in Cleveland OH, where the tank is at the moment, but I, in the past, have brought the tank home to Harrisburg PA over breaks (christmas and summer) so either location, or anwhere between (Pittsburgh etc) could work as places for you to live and get the tank.

I have put about 1200 dollars into the tank at this point, and like I said, have enjoyed myself, but think it might be time to cut back to all freshwater for a time. (either that or wait till i graduate and trade the vertebrate inhabitant in and get an octopus or a stomatapod)

I'd prefer to sell the tank as a unit, as I don't want to be stuck with just a fish, or a skimmer, or even worse, a bunch of water and nothing to put it in. But, if i can sell most of it as parts all at once, then I would consider it.

I think $300 is fair price for the whole thing (having long been a stalker of used tank adds).

Please contact me at Azathoth82@yahoo.com with any questions or offers, as I haven't been to reef central as regularly of late as I have been in the past.

and as always, happy reefing!