PDA

View Full Version : Snails in sump?

CrystalAZ
11/23/2003, 04:08 PM
My sump has some algae growth and I was wondering if it would be ok to get some large turbos down there, or if they would end up causing some kind of trouble.

THanks,

Crystal

thedogofwar
11/23/2003, 04:27 PM
as long as they can't enter the return pump I see no probs.

they might not be able to hang on through the baffles, depending on your flow. :)

dellrio
11/23/2003, 04:27 PM
i have lots of inverts in my sump... I dont put them there they get there on their own, i usually pick them up if i see them and put them back into the main tank. They are not going to hurt anything down there assuming you have covers on your pump intakes, but i wouldn't be too concerned with algae growth in your sump, is acts as a natural source of nutrient export which helps prevent algae growth in the main tank.

Entropy
11/23/2003, 04:49 PM
I have turbos and margaritas in my refuge, and a couple of margaritas in the sump. I wouldn't worry about the algae like dellrio mentioned but if you don't like looking at it you could always put a snail or two in there as long as your pumps have screens just in case. The margaritas I have in my sump all got their by themselves (down the drain).