PDA

View Full Version : salt mix

tonycigar
11/23/2003, 12:58 AM
i finally set up my tank. my question is can i leave the water in my tank and fuge 175g &40g and mix salt in main tank or do i have to drain my water out and mix it one pail at a time. reason is i did a static leak check and then ran pumps and checked for leaks all is good. i also used ro/di water figuring if all is well then add sand then mix salt in tank.

jdieck
11/23/2003, 01:21 AM
You can mix the salt in the tank the first time around although I would recommend to replace your water as the first time it washes away a lot of stuff left from the new pipes and hoses. Basically operate the sistem with this water for a couple of days to clean the system, replace the water and mix the salt in.

tonycigar
11/23/2003, 01:31 AM
i really don't want to. but if your telling me their is a good chance of some undesireable stuff being in there then i will will do the process all over again.

wooglin
11/23/2003, 08:22 AM
It will be fine. Just run some carbon for a few days to catch any undesirable stuff.

jdieck
11/23/2003, 09:48 AM
As wooglin say run some carbon to remove any chemicals or surfactants from the plastics and PVC glue if you used it.

tonycigar
11/23/2003, 09:06 PM
any particular amount or type?