PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing a Mag 9.5

KingTitan
11/22/2003, 10:31 PM
how do i do the plumbing on this thing? i have 1 1/4 inch bulkhead on the tank and the mag 9.5 has a 3/4 inch output. the little paper that came with the pump that shows GPH comparisons to ther mag's. it also says that it should be hooked up to a 1 1/2 inch pipe for best flow, wouldnt that make it less effective? if not then how do i make the 3/4 go into the 1 1/4 pipe? all the home dept had was a elbow that did a 3/4 inch conversion to a 1 inch.

another question, are the grey plumbing peices used for sprink;er plumbing safe to use? they are threaded at one end and have slips for tubing on the other end, this would be alot easier to do the return pump plumbing. i don tthink that stuff is PVC the label says "poly" as the material. im thinking maybe its polyurathane or something.

sorry for the long confusing post but thanks in advance =)

ReefWerkes
11/22/2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by KingTitan
how do i do the plumbing on this thing? i have 1 1/4 inch bulkhead on the tank and the mag 9.5 has a 3/4 inch output. the little paper that came with the pump that shows GPH comparisons to ther mag's. it also says that it should be hooked up to a 1 1/2 inch pipe for best flow, wouldnt that make it less effective? if not then how do i make the 3/4 go into the 1 1/4 pipe? all the home dept had was a elbow that did a 3/4 inch conversion to a 1 inch.

Home Depot should have some reducing bushings available so that you can take that 1 1/4 down to the necessary 3/4". If you can find one, a plumbing associate will go right to it...

another question, are the grey plumbing peices used for sprink;er plumbing safe to use? they are threaded at one end and have slips for tubing on the other end, this would be alot easier to do the return pump plumbing. i don tthink that stuff is PVC the label says "poly" as the material. im thinking maybe its polyurathane or something.

sorry for the long confusing post but thanks in advance =)

Yes, they are safe to use and I have been using them for quite some time. I try to recommend to everyone to use these for "modular" plumbing. It is easier to un-screw thatn un-glue!

HTH,

darrin