PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Naso rules the tank!

Chap
11/22/2003, 10:26 AM
Placed our Blonde Male Naso Tang (6-7") into the 180 about a week ago with a 5" Niger Trigger, 4" Blue Throat, 3" Picasso, 3" Flame Hawk, and 2 2" Damsels. You could almost feel the power shift from the Niger to the Naso. Everybody follows Charlie (Naso) around the tank, almost as if they are schooling. If he starts eating a seaweed sheet the three triggers are there to see if they can get some. We were having a problem with the Niger attacking the Blue Throat but ever since the addition of Naso that has stopped. There are still a few chasing incidents but no more attacks. I have even seen the Naso physically move the Niger out of his way. Very cool relationships throughout the tank right now. Hopefully it will stay that way.

No questions just wanted to post this because of all the Trigger help and advice we have received.

thanks

jwm2k3
11/22/2003, 01:12 PM
Sweet!!

Steve_B
11/22/2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Chapkl
Placed our Blonde Male Naso Tang (6-7") into the 180 about a week ago with a 5" Niger Trigger, 4" Blue Throat, 3" Picasso, 3" Flame Hawk, and 2 2" Damsels. You could almost feel the power shift from the Niger to the Naso. Everybody follows Charlie (Naso) around the tank, almost as if they are schooling. If he starts eating a seaweed sheet the three triggers are there to see if they can get some. We were having a problem with the Niger attacking the Blue Throat but ever since the addition of Naso that has stopped. There are still a few chasing incidents but no more attacks. I have even seen the Naso physically move the Niger out of his way. Very cool relationships throughout the tank right now. Hopefully it will stay that way.

No questions just wanted to post this because of all the Trigger help and advice we have received.

thanks

I presently have a Tusk and a rainbow wrasse in my 125 (they are the only fish in the tank). The Tusk has shown aggression towards the other wrasse. I was thinking that adding some more fish would possibly help take the heat off the wrasse, and your post validates my thoughts!:)

invincible569
12/07/2003, 09:05 AM
Same here, my NASO is the same size and he is the king of the tank. No one messes with him! :) and he is very friendly.. but if you cross his line, he will stand up for himself with other fish! :)

M.Dandaneau
12/08/2003, 03:19 AM
I envy you................I've got a Naso and a vlamingi who are harrassed by my stupid foxface, whose popularity is dwindling fast!:D

Nocturnal
12/08/2003, 11:23 AM
Mike,
I have the same "problem." My Vlamingii gets bullied by my Emperor. Not too bad, but he doesn't bother the Yellow Tang nearly as much if at all. I think the Vlamingii is just too friendly and wants a new buddy and the Emp doesn't want anything to do with that, lol.

Nocturnal
12/08/2003, 11:27 AM
SBSB,
I would definitely add something else to that tank to take the eyes of the Tusk off the other wrasse. You have to keep in mind though, generally, large wrasses tend not to tolerate each other. Luckily, Tusks have a good disposition and they are more apt to "get along" with another wrasse.
Good luck