PDA

View Full Version : Still Shaking!!

mikemac37
06/22/2001, 09:41 PM
I had an absolutely stunning experience today that I need some advice on. I received a package of aquarium supplies that I had ordered from a mail order outfit in the mail today. When I opened the box I was stunned at what I saw! They had packed the items in packing peanuts that were not only different colors but different shapes too. What kind of outfit conducts business like this? They should seperate the colors and shapes and not mix them. I was absolutely appalled. What should I do about this? Report them to the better business bureau or sue them for mental distress. I don't even know if I can conduct business with these monsters again. I hope nobody else uses them as I don't want anybody else to have to go through this terrible experience. These villians give mail order outfits a bad name.

Joez
06/22/2001, 10:57 PM
Wow, are you OK man?

Name 'em and shame 'em! Let's get a letter writing campaign going.

jgarris11
06/22/2001, 11:01 PM
Dude its just peanuts they go in the trash any way. Did you ever think instead of them throwing them away when they get a shipment in they just through them in a large container mixed together and they reuse them. Come on get a life if your products where o.k. who cares what color and shape. When i ship something I crumple newspaper and stuff the box. Would something like this scare you to.

mikemac37
06/22/2001, 11:04 PM
I'm feeling much better now. I took several valiums and have calmed down considerably. I know I will have nightmares about seeing all of those different colored styrofoam peanuts mixed together like that!
I think I forget to add that in the bottom of the box was some newspaper that had a great front page story but the vicious pagans did not have the decency to include page 3A so I could read the end of the story. I think perhaps they have a vandetta against me! Oh my I need some more valiums.

Joez
06/22/2001, 11:07 PM
Funny stuff Mike (the humor is not wasted!); welcome aboard!

mikemac37
06/22/2001, 11:11 PM
thanks Joez I thought some weekend humor may be in order. There is some great info on the site, the ones where people get personal and call each other names for weeks on end are just too entertaining!

Joez
06/22/2001, 11:14 PM
I resemble that remark!

dc
06/22/2001, 11:19 PM
:D Yes more valium! There's a place here that will buy all your packing materal and even boxes if they are in good shape. You should be praising them for recycling! :blown:

DeepBlue
06/23/2001, 12:00 AM
What I want to Know is...........

Did you take the Blue peanut or the Red peanut??

there is no spoon

nano10g
07/08/2001, 10:59 PM
This is a joke no?

Rick O
07/09/2001, 05:39 AM
Hey Nano10g and Mikemac37,

Do you guys know about the Atlanta Reef Club? Our July meeting is tomorrow night (Tuesday) at Aquarium Showcase in Alpharetta. Meeting info is at: http://www.atlantareefclub.org

Hope you can make it.

Rick

signu459
07/09/2001, 10:23 AM
Comon- Everyone knows different color peanuts should not be inter mixed. They may call each other names, pick on each other just based on their color. Oh the horor those peanuts must have had, especially those that were in the minority in that box. i hope you seperated them ASAP.

DanConnor
07/09/2001, 03:39 PM
signu459-
So what are you going to do, bus them to another box? Would that other box be larger, or smaller? A bit older, perhaps? Separate- BUT NOT EQUAL???

Should the society of peanuts be a mixing bowl, or a mosaic?