PDA

View Full Version : best anemone for clowns to host?

clowns'r'us
11/17/2003, 05:48 PM
what would be the best anemone for clowns to host((ocellaris clowns)false percs)?? just wondering there average fav. also any info i should know about anemones?? i know my tank is still young but it is VERY stable i had a pesky dragon wraisse kill like 8 snails in a week and i didnt even dectect an ammonia or trate or trite rise!! i wont get him till iget my mh's after midterm grades come in. just startin to do some research on them so i get a head start.

Lionfish01
11/17/2003, 06:14 PM
Bubble tip anenomes. It is uncommon for tank raised clowns to host in an anenome. But a bubble tip would be best.

Bubble tips need little lighting and need to be fed every day or every other day. You need to post this in the anenome and clownfish forum.

clowns'r'us
11/17/2003, 06:23 PM
i get my halides in maby 2 weeks could i get a bubble tip and have it live till then???

BLUESMAN
11/17/2003, 06:34 PM
Your tank is still very young for an Anemone. Most people are going to recommend that you wait at least a year. I understand that seems like a long time, but Anemones are very delicate animals. Less than 50% survive in year old tanks. Bubble tip Anemones are one of the easiest to care for, but still need intense lighting. The chances of Percs hosting in an BTA are slim. Their natural host is an Carpet Anemone. For more info and reading see the Anemone And Clownfish Forum. When you do decide to get an Anemone, try and get an captive bred one. Good luck and please research these creatures. Blue

spanker
11/18/2003, 04:20 AM
Clowns, I'd suggest you move your question to the clownfish and anemone forum. You'll get better answers there. JHardman is the guy I'd listen to most in there.