PDA

View Full Version : Online source for low-cost replacement probes

Clay Glover
11/17/2003, 12:36 AM
I need replacement pH, ORP, and Temp probes for an octopus 3000 and was hoping to locate a reasonably priced source online. The Aquadyne lab grade probes i've been using have been good to me, but they're kinda steep. Any performance advantages or suggestions of brands or types is appreciated. The brands I've come accross are Aquadyne, Pinpoint, Broadley-James, and Neptune Systems. I've done a search on reef central covering the last year and had no luck finding vendors. Thanks for the advice. :)

Clay Glover
11/17/2003, 02:17 PM
^

Clay Glover
11/18/2003, 12:36 PM
^

big tank bob
11/18/2003, 01:25 PM
Broadley-James made most of the probes that the instrument manufacture used. They will make up any type of plug and cable lenght you want. There polymer probe are hard to find with out a number. Redox D2507A-PBA-A10BC or PH C2507A-12A-A10BC

Clay Glover
11/18/2003, 02:48 PM
thanks bob.

Clay Glover
11/18/2003, 03:16 PM
ok, i contacted broadley-james and spoke with their service/sales department and they were excellent help. the part numbers bob listed above are the same probes that dr's foster/smith sell. they're called the "gold label series" probes. the prices at foster/smith are cheaper by about $10-15 each. the "silver label series" of probes are also made by broadley-james.

according to broadley-james, "the only difference between these is that the gold series are double junction and the silver series are single junction electrodes. same construction quality and lifespan of 2-4 years. orp probes completely fail when time to replace and pH probes are slow to adjust when time to replace. the double junction probes are more resistant to external interference and "slightly" more accurate"

so it seems that the silver series could be worth the savings at about half the price as the gold series.

for what it's worth :)