dogstar74
11/16/2003, 12:25 AM
I have

organ pipe coral
green daisy polyps
red mushrooms
green mushrooms
and ricordia mushrooms,

Would a CBB be safe with these corals? And would he erradicate my aiptasia with extreme prejudice?

Thanx in advance

Dogstar

jeffhaag
11/16/2003, 11:38 AM
I have never had any problems with my CBB picking at mushrooms or polyps before. I can't speak for the organ pipe though. He is a very peaceful fish and only spared with my SailFin Tang for a couple days. Now they just ignore one another. He has proven very hardy for me and eats like a pig. Just make sure you get one that will eat frozen food. They are known to be very picky when first acclimating to frozen food.

ladybug
11/16/2003, 03:50 PM
mine doesnt bother any corals or fish, he does demolish any aptasia brought in... and he eats freeze dried brine shrimp(san francisco bay brand)

dogstar74
11/19/2003, 06:46 PM
Anyone have any experience with a CBB and an organ pipe? How about with green daisy polyps.

Thanx
DS

dogstar74
11/24/2003, 10:42 PM
ahem... Anyone else have any input?

joefish
11/24/2003, 11:22 PM
Any fish might do something bad , But I'm almost certain your safe there . They will eat feather dusters and other worms though .
First off look for the Australian CBB they are hardier and eat prepared food faster . Just keep feeding him and make him fat . Mine was in the tank over a month and never touched the aiptasia . Then in about 2 weeks he got just about all of them , within a month he even ate my mojanos .:D
With that all being said
Good Luck !!!

BryanJ
11/25/2003, 12:19 AM
Joefish

What type of corals are you keeping with that foxface in the tank? I have been considering getting one.

joefish
11/25/2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by BryanJ
Joefish

What type of corals are you keeping with that foxface in the tank? I have been considering getting one.
Right now sps's and a small gsp colony . He's been in with open and lobed brains , frog spawn , hammers and feather dusters . He never touched anything but algae !:D
I would have a foxface in my tank before a tang anyday !;)

BryanJ
11/25/2003, 11:30 PM
Joefish

Thats what I wanted to hear. When my tang passes on I will not be getting another one. It will probably be years from now but I will get a foxface as my medium sized fish instead of a tang. Thanks for the information.

Bryan

manderx
11/26/2003, 10:31 AM
mine does not bother my organ pipe. but he recently started bothering my flat brain after 8 months together. i think it started when my big squamosa was hopping around and landed on the flat brain causing a small injury that the CBB started picking at. even after it healed he kept picking at it.