PDA

View Full Version : Question about this RO unit

jpmcca01
11/15/2003, 01:52 PM
Is this an ok RO unit for purifying water for a reef tank? I dont want to spend alot of money on an RO unit.

DgenR8
11/15/2003, 02:13 PM
I have no experience with that unit, but from the name, I guess that replacement cartridges are available from Sears.
You could start with that system, and always add a DI chamber to it for really high quality water.
Just out of curiosity, have you checked www.AquaticReefSystems.com for comparibly priced units? Customer service goes a long way in this hobby, and ARS is well known/respected for it in the hobby. I've bought from them before, and will again. Do a search for ARS in the vendor experience forum, you will find that they are a stand up bunch over there, and offer some really competitive pricing. They also offer a discount to RC members.

jpmcca01
11/15/2003, 03:46 PM
I just checked that site and they seem to have very good prices. The reason I am wondering about this unit is because I have seen them sell kind of cheap and was wondering if they would get the job done.

DgenR8
11/15/2003, 08:13 PM
If the price is close for a comparable unit from ARS, I'd go with something designed for aquarium use. The fact that they have their own forum here at RC is a big plus too. Any problems you have can be easily dealt with, not as likely with an off the shel unit from Sears.
Here's a link to ARS' forum here:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=91