PDA

View Full Version : Aqueous Ethanolic Solutions

fishman
06/21/2001, 12:25 PM
Hi Doc!
Just curious as to which aqueous ethanolic solution(s) of a barley malt origin do you find most satisfactory for it's intended purpose?

Steve

rshimek
06/21/2001, 03:32 PM
Hi ,

My favorites of the moment are Obsidian Stout from Deschutes Brewery in Oregon, and Moose Drool, from a brewery in Missoula, Montana.

:D

fishman
06/21/2001, 03:40 PM
mmmmm.....stout.....mmmmm.

Funny, I had you pegged as a dark beer man. Microbrews rule!
I'm hooked on Yuengling Black & Tan. If you haven't had it, next time your in PA I'll buy ya one (in my vocab. one means as many as it takes)
Cheers!

Steve

rshimek
06/21/2001, 03:47 PM
Steve,

As the saying goes... I'll drink to that...

Greg3333
06/22/2001, 01:53 AM
Ron, just out of curiosity. I used to make the drive from NW IA to Jackson, WY to ski and partake of carbonated ethanol myself every year before it bacame such a "glamorous" place to be. It used to be a rugged town, but when the Victoria's Secret moved in, that was the end for me. I know of a few good brews out of Bozeman as well.

Anyway, at the mountain they had two local beers called Moose Brew and Moose Juice stout. The interesting thing was a twelve pack came in a wooden crate. This was all before the time when it became national law that every county in the US had to have its own Microbrewery. Ever have the chance to partake in this particular brand? It's been a good nine years since I've been that way I would really like to get another one of those cases. But I just can't justify the trip for a twelve pack.

:):):):)

rshimek
06/22/2001, 05:19 AM
Hi Greg,

Sorry, can't help. I have never been to Jackson, and haven't seen those brews locally.

Greg3333
06/22/2001, 11:57 PM
Sorry, in re-reading my post it sounded like I was asking you o purchase me the brew! :o

I guess I'll just have to keep bucking the system and drink Budweiser here in Miller land.:D