PDA

View Full Version : What happened to a man's word......

Puffer Daddy
06/20/2001, 02:50 PM
Boy am I pi$$ed. I dont know if it's a sign of the times or just a
_ _ _ hole. My family is looking to purchase a houseboat (dad). I found one for sale that was advertized as the "deal of the century". This jerk had it for 39,500 so we contacted him and made arragments to meet him. The problem is the boats at lake Havasu and were in Texas but it was a opportunity for us to spend time together for something thats a lot of fun. Well, we decide to drive straight (dad had to get back) and was suppose to be contacted by this jerk the next morning. Would you believe it, no call and he doesn't answer his phone. We searched and searched and then..... saw a boat on the lake heading to the marina. We headed that way and found him on the dock. You should of seen his face when my dad got in his *** a little bit. Anyway, after excuses, we went on to buisness and all was forgiven. Then this jerk says he got a offer 3 days ago for more money but since we were first, he would honor the deal. After looking the boat over for a while, we decided to buy it. Then this guy says "are you going to stay at 39500? My dad asks what do you mean, and he says he wants to contact the other offer to see if he still wants it. My dad told him why in the hell didn't he tell him about this other offer when he spoke to him on the phone 2 days ago. Boy talk about coming unglued. It took all of my strength to keep from unleashing my 6'2" 290 lbs on him. We ended up telling him what a sorry a_s b_astard he was and that he's got a chicken _hit way of doing buisness. Whats hard about this is my father is from the "old school" (which i hope is still today) that a handshake means something, your word means something. I seen him pass a 3000 deal to purchase a 45000 boat because someone told him about it and was trying to raise the money even after the owner tried to sell it to him. Anyway, we had no choice but to jump back in the car and drive straight back. Drove 2500 miles in 2 days and spent some $$$$$ all because this guy is a moraless, two faced, sleazy jerk. So if you run across a guy named "edited by admin" from Vermont, tell him what a sorry *** he is and run. Boy getting worked up again just telling this but had to get it off my chest. What's funny too is my dad got a funny feeling from talking to this jerk. Just goes to show how important one's gut feelings are and the need to be careful. Oh well, thanks for listening (or reading i should say), sorry about implied bad words but trust me, i could have said worse. Bye

OK,
Let's leave the names of the individual off the board...We don't want to open ourselves up to any legal actions:)
Thanks

jim