PDA

View Full Version : Well guys, it's a sad day here in Baltimore

Fishwife
06/20/2001, 01:42 PM
The Iron Man, Cal Ripken announced his retirement yesterday. I seriously doubt there will ever be another player like him. It had to come some time and the I guess the time is right.

I just spent about 2 hours trying to get 4 tickets for a game in either July or August. Phone lines either rang busy or just rang. I went on line but had to wait because they were so busy. When I finally was able to look for tickets the only thing available was club box or terrace level (but not the great terrace level seats). I have done club box and don't like it - feels too much away from the game. So I took some terrace seats along the 1st base line. Not the seats I wanted, but not bad. Now, if only Cal plays. I heard that tickets for the final home game are going for $1000 - way outta my league.

We had Ravens mania in January with Festivus Maxximus - wonder what it's going to be like around here in August and September. Anybody coming to MACNA be ready to see lots of locals sporting #8s walking around The Harbor. ;)

Laurie

Snailman
06/20/2001, 06:34 PM
Did you see the Ripkin for governor piece. :D That would be something. He could take a bat like Sharon Pratt Kelly had her broom. The only thing DC did not know was that it was her ride not to clean up government.