PDA

View Full Version : Flea Mania!!!!!!!!!!

NewMariner
11/07/2003, 09:58 PM
I got fleas in my home....and they are driving my wife and dog and cat nuts.....

So we went to Home Depot tonight and got some Flea stuff you mix with water. Then you just spray it around the house. It says to cover the fish tank.

How long am I going to need to cover this tank? What precautions should I take? The instructions say that you shouldnt have any contact with water with this flea killer. And thats why Im thinking they want it covered. Are the fumes going to kill my tank? Or can I just be very careful to not get it into my tank?

I need help.....as either way, my fish or fleas are going to die tomorrow........(as my wife puts it) PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

TippyToeX
11/07/2003, 10:16 PM
I would cover the tank just to be safe. If you have a sump I would cover that as well. Then turn off your skimmer so it does not suck up the fumes and put it into your tank.

IMO better safe then sorry. I think if you do that you should be fine. Just be careful.

Have you tried frontline for the dog and cats? :) It works great and maybe with the fleas not going to the pets the will jump ship (your house) and leave your blood in peace.

NewMariner
11/07/2003, 10:56 PM
Weve tried frontline it doesnt work...........

minus_13
11/07/2003, 11:56 PM
Frontline absolutely does work... the problem is that it can't keep up with the breeding fleas. For that you need to get a product called Sentinal or Program... These drugs control flea infestation by making any fleas biting your dogs sterile. Your flea problem will be eliminated in a matter of weeks, if not days. You can go ahead and use the product you bought from home depot, but spray lightly and only around the corners of the house. Do yourself a major favor and go get yourself these products from your vet immediately.

Good luck!