PDA

View Full Version : Lifereef LF1-200 and LF1-300 owners...

reef_enthusiast
11/03/2003, 02:42 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to know those of you that run a lifereef LF1-200 or LF1-300 if you have been happy with it so far. If you could do it again, would you buy a lifereef again or would you build a sump yourself?

I'm just curious 'cause I'm in the process of planning out a 72"x30"x30". I currently own a lifereef CLF1 and lifereefugium and I'm very happy with it.

If I do order the LF1-300, I'm planning on just buying the sump. I will be using my existing in-sump lifereef VS24 and use either dolphin ampmaster 3000 or MAG Drive 36 for the return pumps.

I'm trying to decide whether to purchase a LF1-300 sump or just build my own sump.

Thanks for the help and recommendations...
joe

freshroastedpeanut
11/03/2003, 02:58 PM
Well, not a 200 or 300 but I do have the 125, and I love it. The built-in bulkheads/canister holders/etc would be a PITA to DIY, and overall the quality looks better than a number of other sumps I've worked with. I just installed a Kent topoff float valve, fit right into one of the tapped holes that I've always wondered about, and Jeff provides some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. Go for it!

Cheers, JJ

freshroastedpeanut
11/03/2003, 02:59 PM
Err... wait a minute... I want to get one of his calcium reactors, and he is always so busy... Don't go for it!! ;)

pmrogers
11/03/2003, 03:06 PM
I've been very happy with my LF1-200 and VS3-30. Jeff does first rate work if you don't mind the wait.

reef_enthusiast
11/03/2003, 03:17 PM
freshroastedpeanut,

thanks for the reply....

:D HAHAHAHA LOL
yeah...he's a busy man. I think if I order a LF1-300, it won't be here till next year feb. :rolleyes:

I do agree that the quality and craftsmanship are there. Like I mentioned in my 1st post, I am very happy with my lifereef products.

thanks again...hopefully you get the CA reactor soon. Please let me know how that goes. I'm also thinking about a lifereef CA reactor.

joe

jcigars
11/03/2003, 03:17 PM
I have a the LF1-125,with VS2-24" protein skimmer, 3MDQX-SC and 2MDQX-SC pumps, 17 gal sump on order. Should be ready at the end of this month. This will be my first Lifereef system. I've heard good things about them so I thought I'd give it a try. I hope I will like it.

NewMariner
11/03/2003, 03:36 PM
I have the LF1-300 with the VS3-30. I love them to death.....and its worth the money. Im completely satisfied.......except I wish I would have gone with a bigger return pump instead of the Lil Giant 4MDQX-SC..........

I do have one problem, which I didnt know about at the time. My 180g tank has a Single overflow with a 2 inch drain. I have a flexline tube running down into the sump. I have to have the cover off the first section to get that tube into the sump. Not that big of a deal, but I wish I would have known/understood better to have Jeff customize this so I could leave the cover over the first section on. I think it helps with the evaporation.

freshroastedpeanut
11/03/2003, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I am in a similar situation, have 1" returns and would like to upgrade to a 1.5 or 2", but I'm terrified to make a bunch of holes in my sump just cause it is such a great piece of work ;).