PDA

View Full Version : where to buy replacement temp probe for medusa controller?

alphazone
10/30/2003, 12:44 PM
anyone know where to pick up a replacement? The probe terminates in an RCA style connector.....

LPG
10/30/2003, 12:56 PM
I don't know if you can buy direct from the manufacturer but here is their website.

http://www.sealifesupply.com/medusa.htm

JB NY
10/30/2003, 01:07 PM
You should also be able to get them from Premium Aquatics, they are not listed on the site, but send them an email and they will price it for you. I got my replacement from them.

LPG
11/04/2003, 09:24 AM
Hey Alphazone,

Why do you need a new temp probe?

My Medusa just went on the fritz - go figure. It cycles on and off rapidly with audible clicking noises, the alarm goes off, and it won't display a consistent temp.

Are you having similar problems? Any idea if my problem is as simple as a new probe? Anyone else?

LPG
11/05/2003, 09:46 AM
Bump

alphazone
11/05/2003, 03:38 PM
the probe needs to be replaced because it's beeat up and about 3 years old.
As far it not working consistently this is most definitely because of the ridiculously cheap wire and connector used. I've had to replace the RCA connector about 4 times over a 3 year span. You get an intermittent connection at the neck of the RCA connector because of the minor stress caused by moving the wire slightly every now and then. If you grab the wire where it joins to the connector (where it plugs into the temp controller) and gently move it around I bet you find that's where the problem is. You'll need to cut a few inches of length from the wire and solder on a new RCA connector.