PDA

View Full Version : Homestead Websites $$$$$$$

cat23
06/13/2001, 04:52 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to see what others thought about Homestead web sites. I have one and yesterday I got an E-Mail stating they are going to start charging for the sites now.

I'm wondering where else to go for a "free" website? Just started to create this one but I don't want to pay if I don't have to... Guess I'll have to recreate one somewhere else!

Need all cash for my tanks!!!:D

slojmn
06/13/2001, 08:09 AM
I received the same news yesterday. I filled out the questionaire thingy and said I thought $5 per month was fair for what they offer. I was not surprised by this move at all. Since adding the professional part of their site for fee I figured it was only a matter of time before they charged for the personal sites. I will keep it for the time being but plan on taking a class to learn to build webpages and then set up my own with a domain name and all. If I am going to pay then I might as well do it for real. I figure most of the free places will follow suit in the near future if they have not done so already.

6-line
06/13/2001, 09:08 AM
Well,
I'm packing my bags....
I don't care if it's 5 bucks a month.
I want to try something different anyhow. I think they should have had a grandfather clause or something for members.
Here's a link
http://www.homepagebuilders.com
They seems to have a nice setup, I've yet to register because I'm still searching.

Good luck

lori344
06/13/2001, 11:14 AM
:eek: Cat,
We received the same e mail !! Just started building a new website on homestead too. grrrrr frustrating. We were using Tripod (another free one) but decided to start building one on homestead because of all the beautiful sites we saw here at RC on the homestead site. Also, Tripod doesn't allow image hosting... so before going to homestead we were using Tripod for our website and posting pics from webshots.com. We haven't made the final decision to bail on Homestead, but it looks like we are headed in that direction.
~lori

6-line
06/13/2001, 01:21 PM
I wonder what other sites offer image hosting? There goes my 6-line image, it's stored @Homestead. I wonder if the site I mentioned above does. I guess there's only one way to find out......