PDA

View Full Version : Clown Marital problems

endymion
06/10/2001, 03:00 PM
It seems that my female of the pair is picking on the male. He now hides behind the LR almost all the time. I did get a look at him and he has some nips in the fins, and his color is not as deep as it was before.

I would like to move him to the refugium I just setup. Problem it is not connected to the main tank yet. I will be leaving town for a week and half and do not want to hook the refugium up till I get back and can watch for problems.

So do I keep him in the main tank and let him stick it out? Or should I move him to the refugium. The problem is that I not sure how much the refugium will cycle since it is not connected to the main tank, since it cant take advantage filtering in the Main tank.

I did put cured rock from my LFS in the refugium but I do not think the refugium is seeded enough yet to handle a fish.

Another problem is that I am setting up the refugium to help seed my main tank with critters so I can keep a madarin. If i put the clown in the refugium it will prossible wipe out the population.

So what should I do?

1) Move him to the refugium
2) Make him stick it out
3) Give him to the LFS

Carlos
06/10/2001, 04:08 PM
How long have the two been together?

Did you just add the male or the female to the tank?

endymion
06/10/2001, 04:38 PM
they where added as a pair of juveniles over 1 year ago.....

hesaias
06/10/2001, 08:24 PM
Have they been thru the "whos gonna be the girl" ritual? If this is the first round of beatings, just let them be. Watch them after lights out. If this is the norm, they may be cuddling at night, feuding by day, to decide whos gonna be the mommy!
Anyway, as bad as it looks, this is normal. I almost went loopy watching mine go thru the process. They both still bear scars from it:eek1:

endymion
06/10/2001, 11:09 PM
Well I think they are past the whos the mom. She is 2.5 times the size he is..... That was decided 8 months ago.....

And right now at night he is still hiding.