PDA

View Full Version : New fish photos

Flame*Angel
10/19/2003, 06:23 PM
I just uploaded a new batch of photos on my site with pictures of the new fish I've purchased since the huricane. If you would like to check them out, go to my site here:
http://www.sjwilson.net/reef/
Click the link labelled "Current Tank Photos" at the bottom of the front page of the site.

The new fish are:
- midas blenny
- midnight angel
- bicolor angel
- stellate dragonet
- female mandarin (new mate for the male)
- huge male squarespot anthias

Much in the tank still needs to recover but I'll get there eventually!

rbaker
10/19/2003, 06:53 PM
Very nice Susan. I'm glad to see you jumping back in with both feet...:D

Ryan

Rick Davis
10/20/2003, 09:36 AM
Great pics.

I thought I saw an aiptasia - looks like you may need to get another Copperband.;)

Flame*Angel
10/20/2003, 11:02 AM
Yup, the aiptasia are making a comeback and I'm already on the lookout for a new copperband. They are hard to find around here and I'm really trying for another healthy Australian. I don't think any fish will be able to replace Zeke though, he was special.

blackjacks_mom
10/20/2003, 03:55 PM
Susan,

I am so sad about the loss of your beautiful fish, I was very envious of your Copperband, but not brave enough to get one of my own. I hate it that your fish didn't survive the hurricane but am very happy you have started over. Your new fish are very beautiful and I'm glad the mandarin likes his new friend. I'd sure like to get another one. And hope your angels continue to get along. I always thought a tank of all small angels (one of each kind) would be a great tank. :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Typhon
10/20/2003, 03:57 PM
Great looking additions!!

griss
10/20/2003, 04:00 PM
Great additions Susan, glad to see things are getting better for you and your tank:)

George

Jamesurq
10/20/2003, 04:08 PM
I love your site - you tell it like a story about your children, not an inventory of personal property... Not so much, "I have this, and I have that"

Good job!

Flame*Angel
10/21/2003, 06:40 AM
Heh, I guess my tank is pretty personal for me. Didn't make it any easier when the fish died for sure but I have to admit I'm enjoying restocking. The best part about new fish is getting to know their quirks and habits.

This time around I've been really trying for a calm, low aggression tank. So far it's going pretty well. Phoebe, the midas blenny, pushes it now and then. She lives in a yellow scroll coral near the top of the tank where Sascha, the big anthias, swims. Now and then she will dart out and head butt him in the side and then dart back into the coral. It's about the only time Sascha even really recognizes the existence of other fish. He doesn't like it to much but will never catch the blenny. It's pretty funny to see his blustering though :)

Now, if I could only find another copperband!