PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Info

DaveC
10/17/2003, 05:58 AM
I am looking for a database of crabs, acro crabs, various crabs...I have noticed the past few days early in the morning a crab in my tank that I want to try and identify....I will attempt to get a picture, but usually as soon as any light hits him he is gone..I can definetly see his legs are black and white striped, can only see one claw because he darts into the same hole and the claw showing is roundish and the same blended back and white color...I was thinking it might be a acro crab that has crawled down out of his coral to forage, but I think he looks alittle big and the acro crabs that I have seem to all have the black stripe across the face....I would venture to guess this crab is probably not good for my tank....I seem to have a few empty snail shells more than usual...I know hermits will get some of them, and I have a pixie hawk that may get some of them...without going on and on....anyone know of a website, or even a book or just about all crabs you would find in the hobby???

Thanks
Dave C

melev
10/17/2003, 06:16 AM
Maybe "Reef Invertebrates" by Anthony Calfo and Robert Fenner. I'm not positive because I'm still reading it and have a long way to go until I've finished this book. ;)