PDA

View Full Version : This made it all worth wild...

Puffer Daddy
10/17/2003, 01:12 AM
I posted this in another forum, but am so excited and happy, I just had to tell you all too.
I needed a perc to go with my female as I had a jumper..I decided to try a black and ended up getting a wonderful speciment from Dr. Mack...My female accepted the male (soon to be that is..) and all is fine..
My perc has been hosting in a cactus coral for some time now..I picked up a RBTA from flame angel a few months ago and with high hopes, was praying she would abandone the cactus to the bta..well, no luck :(

then it happened....
Last night I was staring at them as I always do, wishing they would host my now 3 roses (splits :) ) I saw her go up to the rbta, nudge it..then wink at me, As if to say " I understand now..." And in one glorious moment, time stood still, my dog laid with my cat and she went in!!!:dance: I could not believe it as I was jumping for joy. She was in heaven as she rolled, layed and burried herself in the rbta...The black then went to another rose and did the same thing...now they dont leave except to eat. She can visit his, but he's not too welcomed into hers yet...hard to believe, huh?
It was absolutley wonderful to witness and I still cant believe it. Something I wanted for a long time and cant believe it finally happened. It was truly a moment that made all the hardships in this hobby Iv'e experienced worth it!...heres a pic of the "odd couple"...

Puffer Daddy
10/17/2003, 01:13 AM
Heres a pic of the black in his rbta...I cant tell you how cool he looks in there. Pic doesnt do justice...

melev
10/17/2003, 01:14 AM
Way cool. Those black perculas are adorable at that age, but lose the orange faces when they get older.

Congrats.

Puffer Daddy
10/17/2003, 01:16 AM
And finally, here she is in hers..I cant believe the change Ive witnessed in her...It's fantastic. She truly is in heaven.
Anyway, words cant express how excited and happy I am over this..no big deal i know, but Ive strugled for a while (algea, etc.) and this is my biggest joy so far. Thanks for letting me share. :)

triangleman26
10/17/2003, 01:16 AM
I have a regular one and it host in my colt.

Steve175
10/17/2003, 02:42 AM
Very cool my friend. Strong work!

BryanJ
10/17/2003, 05:17 AM
They look like an old married couple. You stay on your side of the bed.:lolspin:

dmarie120
10/17/2003, 06:50 AM
Congratulations. Doesn't everything seem better when one thing works out perfectly????

Puffer Daddy
10/17/2003, 08:28 AM
Thanks guys very much!..ya, it does work out perfectly which is a surprise, believe me....Im just so glad something finaly went right....lol. Shes a little rough with hers, especialy when it starts to recede after lights go off, but not too bad.

Aquaman
10/17/2003, 09:22 AM
Its one of the best sights, to watch your clowns roll around in their host. I've been keeping a Haddoni carpet for about 6 years now and I still get a kick out of watching the clarke clowns dive down into the mouth!

jay24k
10/17/2003, 10:49 AM
Do tank raised percs host as well? I'm looking to get 2 again since my last 2 died and I'm trying to find out what will host the best.

Boxingcrab
10/17/2003, 11:38 AM
*sigh* I can't wait to experience this myself. It's going to be fun. Congrats!

derrikd
10/17/2003, 11:47 AM
that is really neat..

kozmo02
10/17/2003, 12:01 PM
nice :thumbsup:

Puffer Daddy
10/17/2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys for all your reply's....spent about 1 1/2 hours just waching them this evening!!!...It's realy cool to say the least. One other added bonus is I dont have to stand guard during feeding. Those pesky cleanings are wondering what the heck happened!...lol