PDA

View Full Version : Help with Tank Buy

wahwoo
10/13/2003, 01:10 AM
I want to buy a 90 gal. tank but Ive heard of glass cracking on some brands with big tanks. Can I get some input as to what brands are safe and reasonably priced? Where can I go for the best prices, either online or locally?

In the phone book I found a place called "All Terrain Tanks" in Wayne that had really cheap prices. They are selling a 90 gal for $145 and 75 gal for $90 and a 120 gal for $210. The brand is Perfecto. Has any one had good or bad experience with this shop or this tank brand?

buonforte
10/13/2003, 03:17 AM
Perfecto, as well as AGA (All Glass Aquarium) are probably two of the most popular and best known brands for commercially made tanks. With todays manufacturing standards, it would be very rare for one of these tanks to crack or leak. Another good brand, although not as popular, is Oceanic.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Good luck.

Alan

BobCReef
10/13/2003, 07:18 AM
but Ocenaic is not cheap. u will deffenitly pay more for and oceanic
i have a 150 gal AGA tank. it did leak after about 12 yrs. i think my problem may have resulted form the tank not being level. i had a have 3/8" difference on a 6ft tank. i fixed the tank and made it a bit more level so hopefully no more problems

bob

katspaw
10/13/2003, 07:33 AM
I too had a 90 gallon AGA reefready tank for five years, it never leaked. I sold it earlier this year to another member. He hasn't said anything about any problems with it. The only way these tanks will leak is if the silicone goes or the glass actually breaks ( that doesn't happen without a reason). The prices you quoted are very good for those size tanks IMO. Good luck with the new tank, and if you need more help, just ask.

Tracey

KRAZ4REEFS
10/13/2003, 12:21 PM
wahwoo, I have an AGA90, date is 1988, no leaks yet but I'm looking to upgrade soon. I also checked out all terrain tanks, they were higher priced than Hanover pet and petland discount in Succasunna. I also have heard that Perfecto is not as good as AGA and the reason is bubbles in the silicone, that's only here say though, good luck!