PDA

View Full Version : CBS killing clowns?

z6joker9
10/11/2003, 10:21 AM
this is going on in a friends 20gal reef tank. thus far he's added several cleaners and a few pieces of coral.

the problem he is having is that he's lost two different false percs. He added one, was perfectly healthy for over a week or so. then one day it disappeared. later he found the CBS munching on it, but he just assumed it was doing it's cleanup job.

guessing that it was a fluke since we could find nothing wrong with his water quality(the corals are all doing amazing), he got another one. sure enough, about a week later and it was dead with no warning. CBS again is munching on it.

is this CBS the one causing my friend so much trouble? i have no idea if they kill fish or not, but we can think of nothign else that is causing this mysterious clown curse in his tank.

DgenR8
10/11/2003, 10:26 AM
CBS are about the most aggressive shrimp commonly kept in this hobby (Mantis shrimp not included).
If they can catch a fish, they are likely to do so. I have one in my tank, and although he hasn't caught any fish, I have seen him try. I won't ever have another one.
They are also very dangerous to other shrimp.