PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From S.E.Asia?

roger
06/05/2001, 08:11 AM
Hi, just wondering if any of you guys out there are from S.E.Asia???? Just wanted to know how many people are interested in marine fishes living in Asia.........waiting for your replies......

horge
06/05/2001, 09:17 AM
Hi.

Well, the Philippines might be considered part of Southeast Asia, if every other country in the region wasn't so eager to have us reassigned

:eek:

roger
06/09/2001, 09:29 AM
Hey Horge, nice to hear from you. At least someone replied. Nice knowing you, I'm from S'pore. So any interesting things going on in your country?( i mean on fishes????) Maybe u would like to xchange e-mail adds?

horge
06/09/2001, 06:49 PM
Hey sure.

horge@hotmail.com is the most reliable, since I'll be switching ISP's in a few weeks. Lots of mail gets buried under spam at hotmail though :D

IIRC there's a poster also named Roger, going by the handle narkosis on the boards, and he seems to be based in Singapura. Does some pretty spiffy camerawork underwater.

horge

PS: The political and the environmental are mutually inextricable :)
The reef/fish situation is getting worse as ecotourism dollars vanish --without an alternative source of income, coastal folk are toying with a return to dynamite and cyanide fishing, and monitoring agencies are bereft of private funding.

roger
06/10/2001, 09:53 AM
Hey Horge, judging by the numbers of posts you have, you should be quite an experienced marine fisher by now right! I may need some advice from you maybe later... so care to elaborate on your tank? Regards...