PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I did last friday.

Laura D
06/04/2001, 08:34 PM
I woke up at 4:30am, filled four rubbermaid tubs with saltwater, put all my corals from my 155 (not just a few mind you!!!) in one bin, spent two hours catching my large sailfin tang, pair of clowns, a chromis, hippo tang, assessor, blenny, and a handful of cleaner shrimp. Piled all the bins in my truck with battery powered air pumps and drove 18 hours from Richmond VA to thier new home in Cedar Rapids IA.

And to top it all off, I show up at midnight, all I want to do is pass out, but now I have to acclimate all these stupid fish!!

All I have to say is THANK GOD FOR THE COLD BEER that was waiting for me!!

BTW everyone made it. As soon as I get adjusted to my new living situation I am going to post more detail of my experiences, but I feel the need to share this now with people who will understand my madness. Non reef people think I am nuts. Poor hubby has to go back and get the tank too!!

How is that for dedication???

-Laura

Agu
06/04/2001, 09:25 PM
Congrats on the successful move !!! And on being able to find your computer and still post ;).

Welcome to the midwest,

Agu

Laura D
06/05/2001, 11:26 AM
The funny thing is that reef central changed it's software (for the better I might add!) during the time I was moving. My husband said that at least I still had reef central on my computer, but now even that looks different!