PDA

View Full Version : What are your false perc's hosting in?

Soccer
10/05/2003, 06:14 PM
I was just wondering what different corals or anemones your false percula's are hosting in. I have a 30g tank, so an anemone except maybe a BTA (but the false perc's don't naturally host in it) is pretty much out of the picture but what about corals.

Thanx for any replies!:)

criccio
10/05/2003, 08:09 PM
CB Ocellaris host my carpets and my rbta.
Chris

dgodwin
10/05/2003, 09:20 PM
I have two that spend a lot of their time swimming inside my toadstool leather. They'll lay inside of it, and they sleep in it at night. I don't know if this could be considered hosting, as anytime they see me, they shoot out of it, and start looking for food.

Puffer Daddy
10/05/2003, 11:46 PM
I have one that host in my cactus coral...keeps looking at the rose though...maybe someday.

jayo
10/06/2003, 12:37 AM
Mine have lived in a bunch of zoanthids (which gave them a skin condition, so the zoanthid rock was removed) then took over a large pectinia coral. Lately my female has also been hanging around my orange montipora capricornis - I think it is because my clown gobies like to sit in it, and my clown HAS TO HAVE anything any other fish has. I'm surprised she hasn't tried to take over my jawfish's burrow. :)

In my experience clowns will "host" in whatever coral you prize most highly so that you worry constantly whether the clowns will kill the coral. :)

jayo

na1paj
10/06/2003, 12:40 AM
Rose Anomone
we used to have a pair that lived in a giant toadstool until we got rid of it, and then they went for our rock of hairy shrooms...
now we have 1 in the rose, and trying to get him a mate

richdragon32
10/06/2003, 02:41 AM
Mine's in an LTA.
http://home.earthlink.net/~richdragon84/04oct2003/oceandlta2.jpg

wasp
10/06/2003, 07:25 AM
My two live in a Hetractis Malu. It's in a 15 gallon tank, so I control the anemone size by feeding.

hokiefish
10/06/2003, 09:41 AM
Mine is in a BTA. She took to it within three hours of putting it in the tank (29G). You can really limit their size by limiting feeding or so Ive heard.

blkwrxwgn
10/06/2003, 04:28 PM
Mine ignore my BTA and would host at my powerhead! Very odd. Now I moved my hammer coral to the same side of the tank as the powerhead and they are hosting there now.

beerguy
10/06/2003, 04:32 PM
Don't try this at home:

http://images.hopdog.com/clowns_small.jpg

Soccer
10/06/2003, 07:00 PM
Ya i was thinking about maybe, maybe getting a BTA. I have heard that some people have false perc's in BTA's. As some of you guys have. Do you think this could be done? Or maybe space will be a big issue. I have seen quite a few people w/ BTA's in a 30g or sometimes smaller.

Thanx a lot for all the replies guys

Marine-mania
10/07/2003, 01:32 AM
Hair algae! I have to keep the stuff growing to keep the clowns happy. :rolleye1:

Below is a link to a pic from a couple of days ago, with the latest batch of eggs laid on the side of a toadstool leather.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~craxis/aquarium/clowns_eggs.jpg

ttreef
10/09/2003, 12:21 AM
<B>fragspawn & colt coral</B>

One hosts in a fragspawn. The other sleep in a colt coral, just like a bird resting up in a tree. :p

Flameangel
10/09/2003, 12:45 AM
It drives me crazy but I have NEVER been able to get them to host in an anemone. I have a tnak full or Rose BTAs and they host in a frogspawn and a candycane coral.

Connie