hesaias
06/03/2001, 02:12 PM
Who deleted thier SULFNBK.EXE file?
I dont know what it is, but Im sure glad I ignore forwarded Virus alerts:D

Flame*Angel
06/03/2001, 03:25 PM
I check all virus warnings against this site:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

I got almost a dozen for this one. Nasty stuff.

Ophidia
06/03/2001, 03:37 PM
I am glad to say that I did NOT. I check out Symantec's website every time a somewhat plausible sounding virus forward comes through (1 in 500 or so).
Chris

hartman
06/03/2001, 03:47 PM
I keep my NAV up to date and Don't use any Microsoft product for emial.

I use the Juno email and since their client is not so ingerated with the OS and does not use all the extras like Outlook there are less "open doors" for virus to hack.

Hartman

Nagel
06/04/2001, 11:41 AM
One of my clients (web-design) called me to "warn me" because she had sent me emails in the past few days. Well, to drive a point home, she was told by a friend of hers. This friend was told by her computer professor at her college. Now this scares me. A professor who didn't even research this before spreading the word?

Personally, I don't usually take these alerts seriously. But occasionally I will because it comes from a so-called "respected source". But even still, I do a simple search for more information before I take any action. I just popped on to www.cnet.com and queried the phrase SULFNBK.EXE . Well, several articles all popped up, all telling me that I now was going to call my client, and a few of my buddies and tell them NOT to delete this file.

Man, we have the damn technology! Lets use it already! hehe