PDA

View Full Version : green chromis or blue damselfish?

pomme
10/04/2003, 11:30 AM
i am thinking of getting of my fish that i am going to have in my tank and at the minute i have thought of having, 2 common clowns, a regal clown , a coral beauty, a flame angle and a yellow tang, adding them in that order but woth the two dwarf angles at the same time.

i am also looking to get some small? shoaling fish, and am looking at the green chrois and blue damselfish.

so what do you guys think of these two fish, and would they work in my set-up?

hammerhead
10/04/2003, 11:36 AM
The dwarf's will fight. You can't have 3 clowns. The damsels a tank bullys. I would get the green's. I dont know what kind of setup u have it's not listed. Oh and the yellow tang needs at least a 75g tank to be happy.

pomme
10/04/2003, 11:38 AM
yeah my tank is going to be 100g and i ment a regal tang not clown, sorry!

2manytangs
10/04/2003, 02:18 PM
I'd not get that regal tang. The yellow by itself will be a beautiful fish, very cool tang. Also, I'd humbly suggest the coral beauty over the flame angel. Just a preference. As for the cointoss between the cromis and damsels, the damsels are problem children, but the cromis are stupid. I had to return mine, they couldn't keep themselves out of the overflow. One fish fine, but all four, always at the same time, usually twice weekly.

I'd get either common or purple firefish, or cardinals.

Jim

pomme
10/04/2003, 03:03 PM
do you think that the tank would be too small for the regal? and would it also be too small for the two dwarf angles?

hammerhead
10/04/2003, 03:21 PM
dwarf angles will be fine in a 100. I do know they will fight with each other when the get in each others teritorry(sp).

pomme
10/04/2003, 03:37 PM
so you think that my set-up of a 100gal and clean up crew of 24 red legs, 12 super snails, and 6 turbo sanils, and 60 kg of live rock with a sump,
and a livestock list of 2 common clowns,
a regal tang,
a coral beauty and a flame angle,
and a yellow tang,

with all of the livestock going in that order will be okay? with the coral beauty and flame angle going in at the same time and being young?