PDA

View Full Version : Purple tang a killer?

joshn
10/01/2003, 07:15 PM
Hello, Ive got a couple questions about this purple tang i just purchased. About a month ago, i purchased a bar gobie. He looked like he was doing fine, swimming about the tank and seeming very friendly. Then, a couple weeks ago, i added a naso tang, he was shy at first, but is starting to come out more now. Then, just yesterday, i added a purple tang. The two tangs seemed like they go along ok, the purple tang seemed to follow the naso around a lot, but didnt seem to be harrassing it. So i went to bed, got up and went to work. When i got home from work, i saw one of my powerheads was blowing very little, so i opened it up, and there was my bar gobie sucked up in there. I guess he could have just accidently got sucked up in there, but i thought healthy fish are strong and smart enough not to. Did the purple tang kill him? I wouldnt think so, but i guess its possible.

My other question is about the naso. Just today, ive noticed the purple tang kind of pushing up against the naso, then the naso gets all of these white spots all over his body, then the purple tang will swim away, and the spots go away. Does anyone have any idea about what is happening there?

Thanks,
Josh

Alberio
10/01/2003, 07:45 PM
The goby probably got sucked up. Nothing to do with the PT.

The PT is showing dominance over the Naso. PT's usually will be dominant over a Naso. There probably will be no harm done.

Naso's get white spots when they're spooked.

mjd

joshn
10/02/2003, 06:55 PM
Ok, thanks. Is it common for fish to get sucked up like that? And the naso must be a real wuss, because he gets those white spots when i walk into the room or clean the glass or about anything.