PDA

View Full Version : Lineatus Wrasse jumped.

Jerry W
09/29/2003, 12:19 AM
Sad day. During feeding time this evening, I noticed my lineatus fairy wrasse was not at the head of the chow line. A quick search of the tank led me to believe the worst so I checked behind the tank and there it was. I've had this fish for a year and in fact he was one of the first fish in my new set up. Truly stunning fish and rather expensive at that. He managed to get out of the only opening (1.5 x 3 inches) in the back of the tank, and he is a 5 inch fish. No one to blame but myself, but heed the warning if you have fish that are known or reprted jumpers and make sure the tank is covered. It seems that they will at some point in time find a way out if there is one.

Dlckwood
09/29/2003, 02:20 AM
Sorry to here that. I guess I should get a cover.
DLCKWOOD:p

Laura D
09/29/2003, 03:36 PM
That's the worst feeling. :( Finding your fish under the tank.

richw
09/29/2003, 03:49 PM
I share your pain -- mine jumped on the center brace several months ago. Jumped over 5 inches of plastic to did it too!

Reefmiester
09/29/2003, 10:53 PM
I found my 2' Green Moray under my tank cabinet one morning. Looked like an old tire tube lying there. I was heart broken, not to mention that it scared the heck out of me... I grabbed my net to pick him up and he was alive...I quickly put him back in the tank, and within an hour he was back to his old self. Not sure how long he was under there, but he must have gotten out of a small opening in the back, then up and over the top. Last time I saw him was before bed at arounf 10:00pm the night before.

Sorry for your loss...these things will happen.

RB

SLKs reef
09/29/2003, 11:09 PM
Soory for your loss. I have seen it happen but not to any of my fish

rhuzar
09/30/2003, 04:49 PM
I had a beloved fire fish jump that suffered the same fate. You have my sympathies.