PDA

View Full Version : Product called CYCLE.

Lionfish01
09/27/2003, 06:55 PM
I bought a product called CYCLE. Has anyone heard of it? It says that it introduces bacteria into the aquarium. Do these things actually work?

Oimate84
09/27/2003, 06:58 PM
I dont believe that product will "cycle" a tank overnight or whatever it claims to do. Maybe Freshwater tanks, but for saltwater, Dont expect any miracles....Just waiting it out is the best thing to do, or add some live rock/sand to speed the cycle up.

DJ88©
09/27/2003, 06:58 PM
just use live rock or a dead cocktail shrimp to do that.

much easier :)

hammerhead
09/27/2003, 06:59 PM
It's just a bounch of bactiria(dead stuff), Next time save your money.

Lionfish01
09/27/2003, 07:29 PM
Well it doesn't say it is supposed to cycle it overnight, it just simply says it introduces helpful bacteria. It is supposed to be applied weekly. So I guess I will use it until it is gone.

RegalMan
09/27/2003, 08:07 PM
Cycle is crap, bacteria needs surface area to survive, otherwise we wouldn't need bio-media or live rock. Bottled bacteria is a joke period, now from experience, I can tell you there are two products available, one from Carib-Sea and another one I'm not fimiliar with, that has live bacteria in bagged sand. Carib-Sea Araga-Live Reef Sand jump started 18, 25 gallon tanks for me with no ammonia spikes, don't be confused, it doesn't mature your tank it prepares your tank for fish, one still needs to take it slow, no what they start with.......