PDA

View Full Version : AquaC Skimmer

MJones
09/27/2003, 06:25 PM
I have a question about my AquaC Remora Pro Skimmer. I had it on the back of my 54 gallon tank. It worked great. I had green/brown scum and foam everyday. I decided to add a 15 gallon sump and place my skimmer on the sump. I bought the Cpr CS 90 overflow and added the sump. Ever since I did this my skimmer isn't producing any scum in the collection cup. I only have two clownfish and about 50 pounds of Live rock. Just curious if my skimmer should always be making scum or if it slows down as tank cycles. Oh yeah, I set my tank up in June, added the fish in August. Thank you for any advice you offer me.

flemingljr
09/28/2003, 10:02 AM
it should slow down after you put in the live rock, initially you'll have a lot of decaying stuff from the LR that will put dissolved organics in the water, and the protein skimmer produces a lot. you might want to throw it back on the tank edge to see if it goes back to better production. when the remora pro was on the edge of the tank, did it put a lot of bubbles in the tank? i'm thinking about getting one for my 60 tub.